Saturday, September 15, 2012

Saturday's {Scripture} Tag

A week and a half ago I posted some photos from our vacation in Hilton Head Island, SC. I also posted a scripture that I just loved. It was:

Proverbs 27:19 "As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects the man." (NIV 1984)

If you missed the Hilton Head post, click here. Anyway, this scripture has really been on my heart, and I decided that I wanted to start making small scripture tags. These tags will be simple, and they may not be completed each week but when I do a tag, it will be of a scripture that has touched me or means something to me at that moment. I will post these on Saturday's. I also handwrite on the back why I chose this particular scripture and/or why it is important to me. Something for future generations to read. :)

Today I wanted to share my first "Saturday's {Scripture} Tag" with you along with the amazing holder I will put the tags on. Here is how my tag turned out:





Pin It
ATC Holder from yourATCstore
Papers: Memory Box Brioche Cherry Branches, Ranger manila craft tag #5, misc. vellum
Stamps: Memory Box Hope Collage G1732
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink shabby shutters, VersaMark, Ranger clear ep
Embellishments: Memory Box Eyelet Stocking (98416) and Penne Frame (98387) dies, flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts, Maya Road measuring tape trim, WRMK eyelet, staples, sewing machine


To see complete step-by-step instructions on how I created this tag, please see my Memory Box post here

Now this amazing ATC holder came from Lisa, the owner of yourATCstore. Thank you Lisa!!! This particular ATC holder is made exclusively by Lisa's store, and I must say it's awesome! This particular holder has 6 posts to hold your cards. I imagine I will be able to get a lot on here! Can you imagine how beautiful it will be when it's full?

There are 5 different styles of this holder available, and they can hold ATC cards, tags, and a variety of other things depending on what your imagination can come up with. :) Make sure you click here to see what is available. I know I have ideas for several things so I need to order a few more holders!

I also used the Wild Orchid Crafts challenge to use 3 or more layers. I have 4 layers here and of course my favorite flowers and leaves by WOC! :) I hope you have enjoyed today's scripture and post. Have a blessed weekend, and thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Jonia said...

I love it patter and what a great idea. I may have to join you with this one also.

TLady said...

LOVE IT Patter! AND the tape measure adds to what you're saying!!!! :) SUPER holder too! :)

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful tag! I love this idea and the tag (ATC) holder looks fantastic. What a great way to showcase Scripture! I may have to join you in this one too.

Are you going to make all your tags the same size?

Anonymous said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing this. Beautifully combined to enhance the separate bits---you are so creative! --Jennifer in Ohio

Norma G. said...

Gorgeous tag, love all the stitching!

Patter Cross said...

Oooh, glad to have some of you joining me! I think these are going to not only be fun but definitely a great way to display scripture!

Stephanie, yes, I am going to use the same tags throughout. I just can't wait to see this stand filled with these tags. Oooh! I get giddy thinking about how it will look and what scriptures will be on there!

And Jennifer, I posted this answer on my Memory Box blog but not sure where you will see it so I will post here too. As far as element choices for my page, yes, I always try out different elements before deciding and adhering to something. I usually have a mess laying all over my table by the time I am done with "rejects" and things I will use. LOL! Blessings to all of you,

Fleursbydesign said...

Beautiful tag love the stitching around the edge :)

Pam said...

I love these tags! I would love to do this. Love the holder, too. Can't wait to see what you create!

Related Posts with Thumbnails