
For my Copic section, first I printed out the amazing blank Copic color charts that Sharon Harnist has on her blog here. Then I cut each page in half to fit in my small binder and colored in all of the markers that I have. Then I put them in page protectors. What I absolutely love about this is when I am trying to match marker colors to my patterned papers, I just hold the patterned paper next to the marker "swatch," and it makes it very easy to match. I just love it! Then of course, this index makes it very easy to see what markers I have and which I might want to purchase in the future. Hey, why not all of them, right? :)

The other part of this section includes tips that I find in message forums. Sometimes it is hard to remember where I saw a great tip or color combo. So, I just copy the information to a Microsoft Word document and print it to store in my binder. Some of the information I have here includes an explanation of the Copic color numbering system, favorite color combos that people have used, favorite hair color combinations, etc. It really is a handy reference.

If you want to find some great information regarding Copic markers, there are several sites I recommend. First is the Split Coast Stampers message board. If you do a search on Copic once you get to the message board, you will get a zillion messages back. :) Second, I highly recommend Sharon Harnist's blog that I mentioned above. And thirdly, I recommend Marianne Walker's amazing blog! She is the product specialist for Copic markers, and her site has a wealth of information for everyone!Well, I hope this has been helpful! Enjoy, and have a great weekend!
Thanks for showing us how you index your copics. What a great system you have! I've never seen copic markers. I'm guessing I should look for them?? LOL
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas, Patter.... Love your binder. I just have the chart, but I love the coloring guide that you have printed out. I'm going to the Copic training next month in Chicago, so maybe I'll be all 'official' after that.. :) Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the links, Patter -- you are too kind! I'm glad you are enjoying the Copic chart!
ReplyDeletePatter, I went to the blog to print out the Copic color chart and it looks nothing like the one in your photo, which I prefer. How can I get the same chart you have?????
ReplyDelete