Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hip Hop {Thursday's} All About Backgrounds

Happy Thursday! You should be joining me from Brooke's fun blog. If not, please be sure to hop on back to the Unity blog and start at the beginning. You wouldn't want to miss any of the fun today for sure!

Today, I am making it all about backgrounds using Unity stamps! I created two cards for you using my stamps to make backgrounds! On this first card, I used the new Unity Just My Type alpha set to create my background. I think I may do this a lot! I love the look of the alpha as a background! For my second card, I used the scalloped frame stamp from the January Unity Love, Etc. kit to make this background. I inked up just the floral design on the inside of the stamp and stamped it four times on my white Paper Trey cardstock. Then I cut it down to the size I wanted. Super easy, and these flowers make a beautiful background!I hope you enjoy these and will try using the awesome Unity stamps to make your own backgrounds! Now hop on over to Anne-Marie's stunning blog for more Unity fun! Blessings,

39 comments:

  1. Great cards Patter...love how the backgrounds turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful Patter!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable cards. Love how you used the stamps to make your own background. Very inspiring cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and super cute cards! Love the alphabet background especially!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Alpha as a background too! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love that background stamp. It's HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your alphabet card is super cute Patter

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the background you designed! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cards this morning Patter...gosh now I wish I didn't have all this OTHER stuff to do - I would rather just sit down and make some cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you rock, girl! love the backgrounds you created.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patter, lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, Patter! I love the blue card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i like how you used the alphabet lettes as a background. i am totally gonna copy that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that second card! You're right. The flowers make a fantastic background.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very creative! Your cards today are exactly the reason I love blog hops! This is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how your paper turned out! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your cards - great flowered background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely cards, Patter! Thanks for the HipHopInspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So wonderful! I need to try the background idea. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fabulous, Patter--I especially like the font on on top!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are stunning, very simplistic and stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. woohoo Patter! LOVE the unique way you used these stamps! very creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic!! I love, love, love the background on the second one. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fun!!! I love the backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!!! I love your cards and what a great idea to make your own backgrounds :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those both turned out great. Love how you did the backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE backgrounders! Your creations are gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Patter love the idea of making new backgrounds!! How cool!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey friend,
    all you work is very up lifting with awsome colors. hotwheels

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are GORGEOUS Patter!! Love the Backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great idea to use the stamps as backgrounds! They both turned out really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  32. Patter, these cards are just beautiful! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for highlighting backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I truly do appreciate hearing from you!!!!

I have had to turn "comment moderation" on because I am getting too much spam. I will get your comment posted quickly. Thank you for sharing your comments, and have a blessed and joyous day!