Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesday's {Tip} Saving a Picture in Excel & My Stamp Inventory

Since my post on Friday about my new stamp storage sytem, many of you have asked for my stamp inventory spreadsheet and instructions for saving an image in Microsoft Excel. I thought I would share that with you today. To put an image into Excel:

**Right click on the image on the web.
**Select copy.
**In Excel select edit, paste, and it should paste into the document.
**Double click the image, and resize it to about 2.25”.


That is what I do. Super easy and fast.

I have also uploaded a sample of my Excel file to a web link where you can see it. To get a copy of my stamping inventory spreadsheet sample, go to this link here. The only down side to this is that it does not keep any of my formatting. To save a page to your machine, you will need to:

**Right click on the spreadsheet page.
**Select 'Export to Microsoft Excel'
**It will then copy just the first sheet of info over.


I am sorry but I couldn't find any other way to provide this spreadsheet to you via blogger. I think at least looking through the three sheets I have there for you ("Other Stamp Sets & Photos," "Other Stamp Inventory Unmounted," and "Category List") that it might at least help you get your inventory started.

Another option to get this file is to go to this thread here on Splitcoaststampers. I uploaded just the Unity Stamp portion of the inventory here. This will actually open an Excel file for you; however, it does not contain my category sheet but that would be easy to recreate. This particular file is about 3 weeks older than my new file so it doesn't include my changes but I think it will be helpful to you.

Feel free to ask questions or let me know how it is working for you. Have a blessed Tuesday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just found your blog and I'm so encouraged by your Attributes of God challenge. I'm a missionary in Croatia and a paper crafter when family and ministry works are done.
Blessings,
Nina

Related Posts with Thumbnails