Sunday, June 23, 2013

Blue Fern Studios Fun—Cards and a Layout!

So, are you ready for a little Sunday inspiration? I have some cards and a layout for you today. Let's look at what I created.

A Card Pair
Today I wanted to share a card pair I made. I used some scrap paper for the background, and the paper scrap was actually bigger than I thought so I was able to make two cards at once. That's so handy. Anyway, I used the Blue Fern Studios Symphony Corners Medium chipboard. I cut the chipboard in half and used a piece on each card. The chipboard was painted, and I added glass beads.

Pin It
Papers: Memory Box Brioche and water notecard 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Symphony Corners Medium (Art Anthology limeaid velvet and misc. glass beads) 
Embellishments: The Crafter's Workshop template with modeling paste; Prima Merci White flower and Leeza Gibbons Wishes and Dreams flower; Petaloo Mini Pearl Daisies and Aqua Wild Blossoms; leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts; misc. jute and lace; sewing machine

An 8 1/2 x 11 Layout
And for my layout, I thought I would play with a couple of photos of one of my daughter's riding Jesse. He has arthritis so she was taking it slow and warming him up. I used two different Blue Fern Studios chipboard setspart of the Leaf Frame and a piece from the Picture Perfect set for the title. Both pieces were painted, and I added glass beads to the Leaf Frame pieces that I cut.
Pin It

Papers: Stampington and Co. Peeled Papers, Memory Box water cs 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Leaf Frame (painted with LuminArte amber bronze, Art Anthology timeless, and added micro beads) and Picture Perfect (painted with Adirondack cloudy blue paint dabber) 
Embellishments: Prima metal paper clip and checker stencil; Petaloo dahlias; Basic Grey canvas tag; Studio Calico journaling card; Jenni Bowlin bingo card; The Robin's Nest cowboy dew drops; Quickutz @ die; misc. washi tape; Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and leaves; sewing machine

To purchase Blue Fern Studios chipboard, check the list of retailers here. Be sure to check often as new retailers are being added often!

Also, if you have not played along with the Blue Fern Studios June Sketch Challenge yet, I encourage you to join the fun. There is a wonderful prize package available to win. Come and see the details here, and visit my blog post today by clicking here. Thanks for stopping by today, and have fun using Blue Fern Studios chipboard on all of your creations!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the embellishing on the cards with the flowers and the lace. They go together so perectly! Very beautiful!

Linda Beeson said...

So many great accents on you pretty layout.

Tasha said...

Gorgeous as usual! I kept passing by the Dew Drops when they had their big hey day, now I'm wishing I had bought some. Oh well, I have plenty of enamel dots for now.

Margie Higuchi said...

Beautiful cards and layout - loving all the colors you used in both :)

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful and inspiring work!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails