Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Unity April Kit of the Month!

Okay, I say it EVERY month--this kit is my favorite! Well, they ALL are my favorite. The Unity kits are the best there is in my opinion! Where else can you get approx. 20 deeply etched rubber stamps for $24 that work for cards, altered items, AND scrapbook pages? Wow! Look at April's kit. Isn't it yummy? To join the Unity KOM club, either click on the pink cupcakes on the left-hand side of my blog under the banner, or click here! :)

The Unity design team decided to have a little challenge amongst themselves with this kit. The challenge was for us to create a card or a layout:

1.) with a Spring them . . . or . . .
2.) use the colors pink, blue, green, and yellow . . . or . . .
3.) use either faux or real sewing.

I decided to take Challenge No. 2. :) Here is my little card I created with the April kit: I used a portion of the "thinking of you today*hope to see you soon" sentiment, and then I used the girls holding hands. Aren't they cute? You can bet, I will be turning that stamp into triplets at sometime or another! :) I am sure it will be precious on a layout of my girls. And the ribbon border comes from a technique challenge on Splitcoaststampers. You can find the instructions and thread here.

The other designers that took part in the challenge are:
AJ Otto
Christi Snow
Jeanne Streiff
Jimmi Mayo
Maren Benedict
Amber Height
Chelsea Cook
Robyn Weatherspoon
Heather Brown
Brooke Lien
Jen Erickson
Jennifer Buck
Julie Campbell
Renee Morris-Dezember
Wendy Chang

Be sure to visit their blogs to see what challenge they chose, and what they did with the Unity April KOM!

And lastly, are you interested in becoming a Guest Designer for Unity? Well, you can see all of the details in this thread here. I hope you will join us and play along! And please be sure to stop by Julie's blog! Julie is our May guest DT member and an incredible artist!

Well, have a great Wednesday everyone! See you tomorrow for Hip Hop!

12 comments:

Julie Campbell said...

Oooh! I love the way you did the sentiment! Very clever! :) It's a super cute card!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet card Patter!

Anonymous said...

Patter, I am IN LOVE with this card! It is adorable, and I love how you did the ribbon!
~Chelsea

whoistracy said...

Patter this is adorable! Love that ribbon frame.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this kit!! I am so bummed I had to cancel my KOTM membership:/ Your creations are gorgeous! Off to check out the other girls:)

Unknown said...

so so cute, love your card so much!

Karen J. said...

Love the ribbon frame and the use of pearls. Hey you could make this into 3 girls...for your girls! Great card.

Heather Brown said...

Soooo cute!! Love this Patter, I love how you used your ribbon!! GORGEOUS!!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Love this Patter - I love this Stamp!!! I used it too and have a card I am planning on sharing either later tonight or maybe...it will have to wait till Friday ;)

Maren said...

Adorable! Love that ribbon frame!!

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Oh how I'm loving this card Patter! That ribbon frame just knocks me out! Beautiful!

Brooke said...

love your ribbon frame! adorable!

Related Posts with Thumbnails