Monday, December 7, 2009

Layers of Color {Masterpiece Monday}

First, before I share today's releases and creation, I wanted to wish my precious mother a very happy and blessed BIRTHDAY!!!! She is such a blessing in my life, and with our recent trials both Mom and Dad have been right there helping anytime we need it. I couldn't get through this without them. I pray your day is blessed beyond measure, Mom, because you are a blessing to SO many. We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now for our last week of new releases from Layers of Color, I am showcasing the new set Rise & Shine (10 stamps in set). I created a little "country fun" card using Basic Grey papers and the Rise and Shine set. I just LOVE this set. Hmm, I think I have said that about every Layers of Color set. LOL! Laura is so talented! Anyway, you can do so much with this set, and imagine it on recipe cards too. Oh so cute!

For my card today, I used 4 of the 10 stamps in the set. After stamping them and using my watercolors to color each image, I sponged the "dirt" at the bottom of the chicks and the hen. I added a little stitching too for fun, and the gingham ribbon finishes off the country look!
Papers: Basic Grey Boxer, Basic Grey Scarlet Letter, Paper Trey Ink, Strathmore watercolor paper
Stamps: Layers of Color Rise & Shine, Cornish Heritage Farms Hey Chick CDD-1636C
Stamp Ink: SU creamy caramel, SU chocolate chip
Embellishments: misc. ribbon, Derwent watercolor pencils, sewing machine


Yesterday I shared my creation using the new Touch of Elegance set on my His Holy Name 6x6 page. If you missed that post, you can see it here. And here is a quick look again at my page: Papers: Webster's Pages 6x6 collection pack, Paper Trey Ink
Stamps: Layers of Color Touch of Elegance
Stamp Ink: SU ruby red & so saffron, VersaMark, Ranger clear EP
Embellishments: Scenic Route alpha stickers, misc. twine, Creative Café button, Jillibean Soup bean seeds (felt flowers), Robin's Nest dew drops, misc. ric rac


To see more creations using the new Rise & Shine set and the new Touch of Elegance set, see this post here on the Layers of Color blog. Thanks for stopping by, and blessings to you!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Bev J. said...

Hope your mom had a nice BD.

Both cards are great and I love that 'chickie' set, really neat. tfs

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Patter - this card is so adorable - don't you just love that set!!! Your layout is lovely along with those fabulous earthy colours! Totally gorgeous!
I love your HHN09 page too - the 'Touch of Elegance' looks great on the corners!! Thanks for sharing Patter! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Related Posts with Thumbnails