Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday's {Tip} Keep That Packaging

Today I wanted to show you how fun it can be to recycle packaging. Now I am not just talking regular, brown chipboard from cereal boxes, vitamin boxes, etc. I am talking about the packaging that comes with your embellishments. You have probably noticed that some of the companies really have some beautiful packaging. Have you thought about reusing it?

Pink Paislee has adorable packaging. Many companies do but here is one I saved for several reasons. Look at the pink, scallop border at the top. You could use that for a card, layout, or other creation. Then look at the rest of the packaging—it has baby blue notebook paper and woodgrain paper all on the same sheet. You could even reuse the pink tag and cover it with your own title or journaling. How cute is all of that to save and reuse?

Then look at the Blue Fern Studios packaging. Oh my! Think about how you could reuse the background with the diamonds, or how about that beautiful clock and rose in the corner?

Here is a handful of packaging I have saved. You could certainly use these great recycled packages to cut out die cuts too! There are all sorts of ideas on how to recycle these—think about die cuts, matting photos, journaling tags, punched borders, punched shapes, die cut letters for titles, etc., etc., etc.

So, grab a box, file folder, basket, or something similar, and start hanging onto this beautiful packaging to recycle! Have a blessed Tuesday, and thanks for joining me today!

6 comments:

gayla said...

Oh I already do this!! I have a whole file folder full! I use them once in a while in a mini album and have told my scrapper friends to save theirs as well!! TFS! :)

Anonymous said...

Handy & green & thrifty--yea!!!
THe little bird at your signature is lovely. Did your birds move with you? Happy Tuesday---Jennifer in OHio

TLady said...

SUPER IDEA PATTER!!!!!!! :)

Patter Cross said...

Hi Jennifer, yes, the birds moved with us. They are our babies, and I hate to say it but we love them more than the dogs. LOL! They even went on vacation with us this year. It was awesome! :) Have a blessed afternoon!

An'Jenic G. said...

This is such a great idea! I have tried it myself and it is helpful to reuse. TFS AJ-

annieb said...

Thanks for broadening our out of the box thinking. I have saved the backings off the original cuttlebug folders that were black in the center and grey edges...looked like blackboards to me to mount school pictures on, and the paper studio and spellbinders backing make excellent paint boards for copic projects to paint and dry on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails