Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Three {Rose} Canvases

This weekend I was able to see each of my girls. I was SO excited to give them the 12"x12" canvases that I painted for each of them. I included a scripture on each canvas which is based off of their favorite hymns. I then wrote a special note to each of them on the back. I pray this is a little something that reminds them of the Lord and of their mama as they see these hanging in their own homes.

Scripture: Hebrews 12:2 "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before Him He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Hymn: "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus"



Scripture: Psalm 16:11 "You make known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand."

Hymn: "Come Thou Fount"


Scripture: Psalm 94:22 "But the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge."

Hymn: "Rock of Ages"


Thanks for stopping by. I pray the rest of your week is blessed!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Wow!!!!! I do hope to take this class. Did you consider putting the whole verse on the canvas? These are so soothing & peaceful. Beautiful work!!!

Thank you,
Ginger

Patter Cross said...

Thank you, Ginger! :) Yes, I tried putting the verse on the front but it was just way too much. I did write the verse completely out on the back along with the hymn that goes with each one. These are really fun to do, and I have had to adapt my own way at making the flowers but that's a good thing. :) Hope you enjoy the class if you take it!

SavedbyGrace said...

Oh Patter these are just beautiful!! Thank you for sharing God's Word in such a beautiful way, all the time! I signed up for the class but I haven't painted anything yet. I've watched all of the videos. I ordered a small set of the Neo Colors, I can't wait to get them, they look delicious! Do you have those? I am amazed and inspired that you have such a huge body of work that glorifies God entirely! Thank you thank you thank you! Iris,SavedbyGrace

Patter Cross said...

SavedbyGrace, thank you so much, and glad you signed up for the class. I hope you enjoy doing these as much as I do! I am developing my own style as I go along. In these flowers, I doodled on them with white pen. I think that's more "me." And I did not use the neocolor crayons on these canvases but I have used them on the smaller cards I have done. I love the neocolor crayons! I have had them for years, and they are very fun to use. Hope you enjoy them. You will have to link me to what you create! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails