Here is my desk being moved out of the old office with EVERYTHING piled on top of it! Then I already have moved the china cabinet in. And see my little step stool? Yes, us 5 feet "tall" people need a stool wherever we go! LOL!
And here is a unit my Mom just bought for my new room yesterday at an antique store:
Isn't it cute? It's an old spice cabinet. The outside dimensions are: 25" wide x 13 1/2" high x 12" deep. Each drawer measures 9" x 2 2/3" wide. I am SO excited to add this to my room. It will be perfect. Thanks Mom for shopping for me!!!So I may be slow in posting until I get this move done. It is turning out to be a much larger task than I imagined! I can't wait to have it done, and I will share pictures of everything when I have finished. For today, you are welcome to look at my "old crafting space" posts found here and here. And I did finally get the dining room at least finished. Here is what it looks like now:
Enjoy, and thanks for hanging in there with me while I complete the move! Blessings,
Wow...your house is so immaculate! Love the look of your dining room, quaint and cozy.
ReplyDeleteHi Patter--
ReplyDeleteYou are on an adventure! You will find it so exciting after you get it all set. That piece your Mom gave you is wonderful! At first I thought it was the size of a couch! I'm glad I read on. It is beautiful.
When Josh, my son, moved out last March, I waited about 6 or 8 months, and I did what you are doing. I gave Dave the formal living room for his computer and office, I moved my art supplies from 4 different rooms and more closets. I had to put Josh's furniture somewhere...so we donated what he didn't want. But what took so long...was I wanted to see each piece of everything.
I would OOOHHHHH! And AAAHHHHH! everything. Spare yourself from that...it will save you a month of so!
Make sure you lift safely! Be well, My Friend.
He IS Able,
Traci S.
Your dining room looks wonderful. I can just imagine the work but won't it be well worth it? I would like to change the floor covering in my crafting room but I look around and think? What?? I am 71 and just don't have the get up and go that I used to have!!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine having a house that has rooms can be changed. I do have a formal diningroom that could be a den or craft room, but then I wouldn't have a room that I could make the formal dining area. I have lived in 5 houses since I've been married and none of them had changable rooms. LOL the first two had 4 rooms, not much to change when you have 2 bedrooms, a kitchen & a living room. The last two have been large houses, but couln't switch anything. You are very fortunate.
ReplyDelete