Friday, January 11, 2008

Organizational {Friday}

First off, let me apologize for missing last Friday. I am swamped cleaning up from the holidays, visiting with family, etc. I still am behind but I am slowly but surely catching up.

Today, I wanted to share how I store my stamp pads. I store them upside down in one of my Scrap 'n Cube drawers. I also use one of my smaller stamps to stamp an image of each color. I then glue the "swatch" on the back of each ink pad. It makes it very easy to find the color I am looking for. You could certainly store your ink pads like this in any drawer. It does not have to be a Scrap 'n Cube drawer.I had to laugh because recently there was an article in a scrappy magazine where a women stored her inks the exact same way! She even had them in a Scrap 'n Cube drawer! Now why didn't I think to mail my picture in? Anyway, if you see that article, I would love to know which magazine it was in. I have forgotten now and can't find it! Anyway, feel free to share your ideas in the comment section. We would love to see what you do with your ink pads! Happy scrapping!

9 comments:

Theresa said...

I store mine in little plastic storage drawers too, works awesome because I can keep my stamps in the other two drawers of the 3 drawer system. I have to say though I wasn't smart enough to think about stamping the color on the bottom, most have the color written but I am constantly turning over the others to find the one I need. I'm going to do that to mine so thanks for sharing.

Karen Lambert said...

I store my larger stamp pads in CD holders (yes that is plural) One for stazon and pigment and one for Distress Inks and Dye based. and my small S U Craft Spots are stored in a 3 drawer office organizer. I love the idea of stamping the color on each container so you can see what they stamp like. YOU ARE SO SMART!!! Bet you can't guess what my next project will be. LOL

Karen Mills said...

I store mine in small plastic drawers, but I never thought about storing them upside down and stamping on the bottom. DUH! Thanks for the tip. Kacomi

Just Me said...

I'm sorry to hijack here, but I simply cannot figure out how to start a new topic at faithsisters.

Patter, I have a question about the rolodex punch for the Scripture Challenge. Do you find that it works well? The reviews I read at Staples aren't that great, and before I go out and buy one, I would like to have a review from someone whom I "know."
Thanks
Bet

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I love this - I think I'll be re arranging my stamp pads as well as my stamps this weekend!

Stephanie said...

I saw that article too but can't remember where it was either. Sorry. Great idea -- I store mine upside down in a drawer but need to stamp the bottom because like Theresa I'm constantly turning them over to see the color.

Scrap Booking said...

Wow very good collection and well organized crockery collection

Anonymous said...

I actually stamp the ink onto plain paper then cut it out and attach to the bottom. It means that it fits nearly exactly. I like your idea though! Might try the drawer thing some time. I have mine in a clear plastic bin so I have to rummage at present!

scrapbookingfurniture said...

I use serving trays to store my stamp collection in. These are the kind of trays that you use to server food on so they are sturdy. You can usually get them pretty cheap at places like Ross's Dress for Less.

I have also picked up several of them at garage sales for really cheap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails