Friday, February 22, 2008

Organizational {Friday}

Do you like to hand-sew on your layouts and cards? How do you store you sewing goodies? Well, I have been sewing since I was gosh about 10 or 12. I think picked up cross stitch in my early teens. So, I guess you could say, I have been sewing/cross stitching for at least 32 years or so which is MUCH longer than I have been scrapbooking. Well, my DMC floss has been stored in my Floss-a-Way bags for years in numerical order in a larger rubbermaid box. Yes, I have a TON of floss! When I travel or work on a piece, I only carry the floss I need. I put those bags on a metal ring and go. It works quite well. I also keep a ring of essential colors in my scraproom. It has worked out quite handy. This is what one ring of floss looks like:

Well, I needed more needles so I ran to Hobby Lobby this morning. I found the coolest needler holder. It looks exactly like a mechanical pencil lead refill container. In fact, you could use that instead of buying one. It also has a magnet on the back of the holder so I can attach my needle threader tool. I am going to keep these needles in this cool little case in my scraproom. This will be quite handy especially since I have been a sewing queen on my cards this week. I will post those in another thread shortly.

Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested in storing these types of sewing items. So, grab a mechanical pencil refill container, and throw your needles in there for easy storage. Have fun sewing on those layouts and cards!

1 comment:

Lisa Carroll said...

Well, I have lots of lead cases that i can use. thanks for the tip, and I really need the threader. I think i will look for one today.

Related Posts with Thumbnails