Sunday, May 11, 2008

Scripture Challenge {Week 19}

Week 19 Challenge Word: Desire

What is desire? According to Webster’s, it is “to wish, long for, crave, or covet.” And according to Vine’s Dictionary of the Bible, it is “a craving or lust.” Vine’s also reminds us that there are good desires and evil desires. Whatever our desires are, they should be in line with God’s desires not the world’s. Do we want what He desires for us or what we selfishly desire for ourselves? Make a list of your desires, good and bad. Pray about them especially those evil desires. God’s desires for us are so much better and more meaningful than our own. I think a lot of us know that but it is so hard to remember sometimes especially in our weak moments. My favorite desire is chocolate. Now, in my weak moments, it’s all about the chocolate but is that what God really wants me to desire? No! And how about design teams, being published, money, friendships, etc. Do you earnestly pray about those things and seek His desire or press on with your own desire?

Max Lucado says it so perfectly again this week, “In all of our thoughts, all of our actions, in every part of our character, the ruling principle that motivates and guides us should be the desire to follow Christ in doing the will of the Father.” Wow! So perfectly put and something I need to keep at the forefront of my mind!

For my scriptures this week, I chose:
Psalm 40:8 "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart."
Proverbs 11:23 "The desire of the righteous ends only in good. . ."

And I used the wonderful Create My Keepsake May kit again for my card. This kit includes the amazing Webster’s Pages papers. If you haven't used their papers yet, you really should try them! Wow! I was also able to use some more of the Unity Stamp Co. stamps I won! Fun, fun! Remember to join us at Create My Keepsake, The Scrapping Spot, Scrapjazz, and Faith Sisters for discussions and wonderful gallery additions! Have a blessed week everyone and happy studying!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful papers and I love your cards, Patter!! Great reminder that we need to keep our desires in line with what God wants for us. His way is ALWAYS the best way.

Anonymous said...

Love your cards Patter! And I just love your blog more and more. I always look forward to hearing the new Scripture Challenges. Each week is a wonderful reminder of God's love for me and what HE wants and what I should be doing.
~Chelsea

Related Posts with Thumbnails