Friday, September 12, 2008

Organizational {Friday}

Happy Friday to all of you! I have had a request to post a bit about how I store my punches especially the larger punches. Well, first let me say that I do not own any of the Stampin' Up punches, YET! Please don't gasp. :) They are on my list. However, I do have punches in all sizes, and maybe this will help some of you get your collection under control.

First, let me preface this post by saying that even though my punches are stored in my Scrap 'n Cube drawers, you can use any sort of storage unit that has drawers. Wooden ones do work best though because of the weight of the punches. I also use the IKEA Fira 9-drawer mini chest. While I like this little mini chest, you must put it together. Normally putting things together is easy for me but this little item was a pain in the "tush." I won't purchase another unless someone offers to put it together for me. Ha! So, you will see my punches stored in both units.

I have my drawers labeled with metal rimmed tags that I purchased at Office Depot. I use them for labeling almost everything in my room. They work great! I could get fancy someday and cover the tags in patterned paper but right now this works for me.
Here is a picture of my smaller punches in my first drawer. I have each drawer lined with shelf liner so that the punches don't slip around in the drawer. They stay put on the liner! :)
Yes, as you can see, I have a lot of older punches. I think I am probably going to get rid of them as I start my Stampin' Up punch collection! Now, here is a picture of my larger punches:
And my largest punches are in the IKEA drawers for now. They would fit in my Scrap 'n Cube drawers but I ran out of space.
The Stampin' Up punches would work great in any chest or drawer unit. I did try to store my punches in Sterilite drawers years ago but it did not work. The punches were just too heavy, and the drawers fell off their tracks and onto the drawers below. So, I do not recommend Sterilite drawers for punch storage.

I hope this has been helpful. Please feel free to link your ideas here. It is always nice to look at other options because what works for me may not work for you. Have a joyous Friday and an amazing weekend! Blessings,

3 comments:

Nevis said...

Thanks for showing! I love seeing how others organize their supplies.

Julie Overby said...

Awesome tips Patter! Congrats on your news about CM!!!!

Megan said...

***Gasp*** You have a Texas punch!! I need one of those!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails