Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday's {Tip}

Don't throw out the shoes!!!!!!!!!!! :) What am I talking about? Well, one of my girl's had a pair of shoes that didn't fit anymore, and they were completely torn up on the bottom. So, before she tossed the shoes, I decided to remove the bling. These metal accents are going to be perfect for a card, altered item, or layout.
Aren't they perfect? Can't you just imagine them with cute ribbon running through them? So, next time you are going to toss that shirt with bling or those shoes, see if there is anything you can salvage! You never know what fun items might be headed for the trash! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Karen Lambert said...

Great reminder. I ususally cut the buttons off of clothes before I pitch them. I leave the thread intact and just cut the stitches away from the fabric leaving a little hole in the fabric. That way my buttons are already "stitched" when I put them on a card of layout. I never thought about checking shoes.
Thanks for another great tip!

Jennifer Sizemore said...

Haaaaa..... now that is GREAT bling!

Related Posts with Thumbnails