Tuesday, January 27, 2009

6x6 Recipe Album

Okay, I have been meaning to do this for a LONG time--scrap my recipes! So, I am on a mission to get it done. What I am doing is creating a 6x6 recipe album. Then I am going to copy each page and make albums for my girls so they will have these recipes to take with them when they leave home someday. Here is the first page I did this weekend: I used the Pink Persimmon Ric Rac Rectangle set for this page. This was part of my guest design team work for Pink Persimmon. This set is sized perfectly to fit a 3x5 index card or even for making a journaling block for your scrapbook page! There are actually 15 stamps in this set. It really is a great one to have on hand! And a HUGE thank you to Pink Persimmon for allowing me to guest design for them this month!

Now this particular recipe is AWESOME. It is a Paula Dean recipe so that should say it all! It is my uncle's favorite so I always have to make it when they come to town to visit all of us and my parents! Hopefully, y'all will be able to read the recipe off of my page. If not, let me know in the comment section, and I can post it.

I did a second recipe page too that I will post on Hip Hop Thursday so be sure to come back and check it out on Thursday! Thanks for stopping by, and have a joyous Tuesday!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to scrap your recipes! The casserole sounds yummy!

Cris Cunningham said...

Patter! This is just fabulous, and the inspiration I need to finally get to work on my own recipe book. I have set aside all the material to do one a few months ago and have yet to tackle it. Yours is fabulous, and I love the 6x6 size! Very, very pretty! I'm going to email you about that bow -- I love how you did that!!

Bonnie said...

Oh Patter I LOVE how you have done this - what a fabulous idea! I have this recipe too and I always load it up with cheese-- in and on top! Extra yummy but extra fattening!
You won't believe this, but the word verification says "ounceing" which translates into - stop adding the cheese!! lol!

Bev J. said...

What a neat recipe page. I made my girls cookbooks too but not as fancy as years-sure to be appreciated though. I also like that recipe. tfs

Julia Aston said...

What a great idea Patter! love your design and beautiful ribbon on this - and the recipe looks YUM too!!!

I'm sure your girls will love receiving this when they start cooking!

Alisa said...

Patter, I notice on alot of your layouts lately you are distressing the edges of your papers....I love this look! Would you explain how you get this really cool textured look to your edges?
thanks! and be blessed! Alisa

Anonymous said...

Patter, I love this idea! Fabulous! I really love the colors that you used and the distressing and sewing! :)
~Chelsea

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

I started scrappin' my recipes a couple years ago :) I love this little page it looks amazing and yummy too...tfs

Joyce B said...

Patter what a wonderful idea, your girls will treasure these. I have hand written recipes of some of my comfort foods that my Mom gave to me when I married and moved out. Today they are tattered and worn but a much valued treasure.

P.S. Please keep sharing I'm always looking for new recipes.

Joyce

Lisa Carroll said...

That is a beautiful recipe card, and I have to agree, that is a yummy recipe!

Julia Aston said...

Hi again! just wanted to let you know I gave you an award on my blog here:

http://createwithjulia.blogspot.com/2009/01/receiving-and-forwarding-award.html

no pressure to do anything qith it unless you are so inclined - I know you are super busy!

hugs,
Julia

Candace said...

Patter, this is one of my most favorite casseroles! My grandma makes it for Thanksgiving every year and I always look forward to it. It's so easy, too! I'm currently doing a 6x6 recipe swap with my circle of friends group at sb.com so you provided me with some much needed inspiration. I love the way your page turned out!

Anonymous said...

Hello Patter:
I love recipes! book Ideali I just get the bind It all. I keep this I deal church projects Lol hotwheels

Jennifer Orbaker said...

I am making recipe books for the family for x-mas this year! This gives me great inspiration to get started! I will be caseing many of your pages. Thank you so much!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails