Friday, April 3, 2009

Things are a Changin'

Happy Friday everyone! I thought I would share a little update about me and my design work. I have been praying for some time for God's direction in my work. I need to be using my work to glorify Him in all things! I thought I had my answer a few weeks ago but wasn't sure. You know how you want to see that "billboard" sometimes. :) LOL! Anyway, He clearly showed me this week what I am to be doing for Him. Of course, the His Holy Name and Scripture Challenges will continue as they have been. In fact, He has already given me thoughts for 2010. How awesome is that? I am SO excited. These challenges are one of my favorite things I am blessed and able to do!

Second, He has called me to step down from my design team position with Unity Stamp Co. It has been a fun journey but I must go where the Lord leads. Thank you Angela for an amazing 9 months on the team! My last day should be our Hip Hop {Thursday} this coming week, April 9th.

Third, He has called me to be part of a new publication--Christian Paper Crafts Magazine. Our first pub will be out in August 2009! You can find out more about it here. Please know that this is a work in progress so be sure to bookmark it and check the website often! :) I am SO excited.

And fourth, He has called me to one more thing that I cannot share just yet. I was approached this week, and it was truly the "billboard" that set these changes in motion! Praise God for His clear guidance, and I will share as soon as I can. :)

There will be a few other changes in the month or so ahead but my work for Memory Box Co. will continue also. I am SO excited about that venture too! Dave is amazing to work for! I will also share some guest design team work for Cut Card Stock next week and in July for Jillibean Soup! Yum!

Thank you to all of my subscribers for your comments, your support, and prayers. My other posts (Tuesday's Tips, Organizational Friday, etc.) will also stay the same. I guess I just want to let you know where I am going and how the Lord is leading me. I pray you will continue to join me on my journey of papercrafting for Him! Have a blessed and joyous Friday everyone!

25 comments:

RebeccaMom said...

I pray blessings on you in your new endeavors! I know he will bless your work when you do it for him! I look forward to seeing what is to come :)

Robynccgirl said...

Wow Patter! That is so awesome that you heard your calling! we will truly miss you on the Unity Design team but I will continue to check out your sites. Great things are coming your way!

Tanis said...

WOW!! Can't wait to hear what the "secret" is! We'll miss you at Unity though :(
So GLAD I still get to connect with you...LOVE YA!

Cindy Coutts @ Cindy B Designs said...

Patter, I am so blessed to have you with me in this magazine. I am loving watching God work in all of our lives for his purpose and glory. I'm amazed and speechless most of the time these days. Welcome aboard sister!

Many hugs and blessings.

Stephanie said...

Patter:

It's exciting watching how & where the Lord is leading you. As my husband has said many times (in the pulpit & out), "You'll never be sorry for putting the Lord first." Keep following Him.

Lorie said...

Things must change in order for us to grow. Good for you to be able to discern God's will and make the decisions with faith and confidence!

After I looked at your blog I read my Upper Room devotional for today the the scripture for today applies to you perfectly. "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it will all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:30 (NIV) and the Prayer for the day: Lord, show us how we may serve you this day. Open our eyes to the small opportunities that come to us. Amen.

Amen, indeed!

Laura Williams said...

Awww, I'll miss my planning/organizing buddy at Unity! But,I am so excited for the new things heading your way!!! I love ya girl!!!!

buggin2stamp said...

Patter,
I am so excited for you. I don't always comment, but I do read your blog regularly. I love to see what you are up to. You have been a spiritual inspiration for me. I always wondered how I could "justify" my hobby as a Christian and reading your blog has helped me to examine how I think. Not sure if that makes sense or not. I can't wait to see what you have in store for us.

Have a super blessed weekend.
Melissa

StacyC said...

Patter, I just found your blog yesterday and I am in awe of your work and of your inspiration.. I truly feel that God led me to you for inspiration in my own life, not only creatively but also in my walk with Him... I have been praying for God to help me change and to help me find my way in my walk.. I pray for blessings and wisdom for you in your new ventures.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know I will totally miss you over at Unity. I am just so thankful I am connected with you in additional ways. So thrilled for you and your new adventures coming your way! I know they will be wonderful! Can't wait to hear the "secret" :)
~Chelsea

Muffins and Lace said...

Patter, I read your blog weekly and wanted to let you know I have heard of the new Christian Paper Crafts Magazine coming out and I am so excited. Not putting down any other magazine but finally a christian magazine. I can't wait to read the first issue.
I will pray for your change. I know you will be the best.

Kerry said...

Patter, I will certainly miss seeing your Unity projects on Thursdays but I will of course continue to follow your work! Congratulations on your new ventures...I am excited to hear more about how God is leading you, for he certainly has reached out to me through you and your challenges. Blessings!

Candace H said...

Patter, I will miss seeing you at Unity and HipHop, but am bookmarking your blog so I can continue to be inspired by you (in many ways)! Look forward to seeing the new direction the Lord is leading you!

Heather Brown said...

WHHHHAAAAAA (that's me crying a river) LOL

I will miss you so much at Unity but know that God's direction is PERFECT and I can't wait to see what happens!!

Anonymous said...

Patter, I will certainly miss you at Unity but am so excited that you are moving in a direction that you feel is right. No doubt you will do wonderful things. Big hugs to you my dear!

whoistracy said...

So sorry you're leaving Unity- you will be missed! Best of luck in what you do.

Kendra said...

Best wishes in your new adventures!

Latisha said...

What a wonderful testimony you are, thank you for being so devout in your faith, it makes me smile!
I'm not going to be sad you are leaving Unity, but excited for you in your new adventures! Best of luck to you, but you really don't need luck, you have the man upstairs on your side :)
I will visit often to see your work and to find out what your "secret is" Are you joining ODBD? That would be such a perfect fit for you!!

Susan, Cyprus Europe said...

I really like your blog!! So happy for you that God is using your talents for His glory.You inspire many people and its great to have a Chritian craft mag.Thanks for taking the time to share with us.

Scrapycandy said...

I'm very excited for you! And await the rest of the news! :)

Rosemary D said...

I have so enjoyed following your blog since the end of 2008 and doing the HHN and SCRC209 challenges. They have blessed me greatly and have helped me grow so much in my own personal walk. Learning to listen to the Lord is such an amazing thing. He will truly take you places you never imagined if you just step out and follow. Your testimonies are an encouragement to me. I just checked out Chritian Paper Crafts Magazine and look forward to the first issue. Thank you, again, for all the ways you have blessed us!

Lori said...

Patter, I will pray for His continued guidance in your new works for Him. SO exciting!!! I will be following along as always - you are SUCH an inspiration!!!

joslyn said...

congrats on your new journey!

Anonymous said...

best wishes for you and your new endeavors. I wish you all the best!

Carolyn said...

Patter, what an inspiration you have been to so many of us. I used
to feel quilty stamping, instead
of being in Gods' word, but you have shown us we can combine both;
who would have thunk it. We will be watching you with the new publication, the continued challenges and new future plans

Related Posts with Thumbnails