Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesday's {Tip} 6x6 Paper Pads

Do you like using 6x6 paper pads? Well, I must tell you, they are my FAVORITE. They are almost becoming an addiction. I rarely buy 12x12 paper anymore. I tend to use the 6x6 papers even if I scrap a page larger than 6x6! Yes, I know the patterns are smaller than on the original 12x12 pages, but that doesn't bother me at all. I just love them!

I recently wrote an article about 6x6 paper pads that you can read here. Now two things about the article. First, the picture of my 6x6 storage has changed a bit. I will share that on Friday in my Organizational {Friday} post this week. Second, when I wrote the article, Webster's Pages did not have 6x6 papers. Guess what, now they do! Oh the danger of it all!!! Scrapbook.com only has the Christmas 6x6 papers in stock but Ellen Hutson has all three new 6x6 paper packs by Webster's Pages in stock--Magical Wishes & a Sweet Life, Postcards from Paris & Sweet as Cherry Pie, and Home for the Holidays & Winter's Wings. Oh so yummy! I hope you will consider using 6x6 papers on everything you create! They are cheaper, you get an entire collection, and they are definitely easier to store! Enjoy, and remember, I will share my 6x6 storage on Friday! Have a great Tuesday!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Patter -- I'm discovering you are so right that they are addicting. What do you do with the scraps that are generated by using them for cards & such? How do you keep them with the pad & still keep things neat?

I'm looking forward to your post on Friday. I'm in the process of moving into a new scrap shelf (40x48) and am looking for ideas. :)

Patter Cross said...

Hi Stephanie! I will share how I save the scraps on Friday too. I do keep them with the pad, and I have never had a problem with losing pieces or bending pieces, etc. I will share pics for ya! :) And have fun with the new space! I really need to work in my space and clean it up. I have been really busy lately! No time for craft cleaning. :( Have a blessed day friend!

Rebekah Williams said...

Hey Patter! I'll have to try these soon!

Bev J. said...

When I first got interested in card making (2007) I bought 12X12 Pads and single sheets. I soon discovered Basic Grey small pads and love them. Still have lots of the orignial big sheets but mostly use the small pads. I still love K&Company's double sided 12x12 pads and still buy them as the designs seem to all work on smaller projects. As you can tell I mostly do cards, not scrapbooks.

Look forward to your storage tips! Right now I use the 3 drawer storage units from Wal-Mart which work well for me.

Rona said...

I love these too!! I didn't know about Webster's pages - I love that Home for the Holidays & Winter's Wings one!! Wow - thanks for more enabling!!

Shanna said...

I LOVVVVVE the little pads for card making too Patter! they are a PERFECT way to get your hands on ALL THE NEW PAPERS and not have the guilt involved of not using them! I use my paper pads up in no time at all! Love checking in on ya! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Hugs!

Related Posts with Thumbnails