Sunday, October 25, 2009

His Holy Name {Challenge 22, Peace}

Challenge Word 22: Peace
God’s Attribute: The Lord is our Peace. He is our Jehovah-Shalom.

How does this affect my daily life? Do you long for peace in a situation? Has fear gripped you or do you feel like you will ‘lose it’ if one more thing happens? Well, God is our Peace, and He is the source of all peace. But none of us can find that peace if we do not have a right relationship with God. If you have that right relationship with Him, then you know that regardless of our circumstances, His peace is perfect. He gives us internal peace by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as we accept Him as our Lord and Savior. But to truly experience His real peace, we need to be in His presence daily. Are you too busy to study His Word? Are you seeking Him in ALL things? Are you trying to handle the situation on your own? If you have ever tried that before, then you know where that will probably get you. Give it all to Him in prayer so that you are not robbed of His peace.

Ann Spangler said “To live in the presence of God through the power of the Holy Spirit is to be at peace—at peace with God, with others, with ourselves. He is the source of true shalom, of prosperity, harmony, safety, healthy, and fulfillment. No matter how turbulent our world becomes, we can be at peace, showing forth His presence regardless of circumstances.”

For my page this week, I used the wonderful Webster's Pages 6x6 papers. I also used the Layers of Color Royal Birds stamp. It went so perfectly with this page, and to me, I see peace in all of His creation. So, the flowers on the page, the added bird, etc., show me the amazing peace that surrounds me. Papers: Webster's Pages 6x6 collection pack, Paper Trey Ink, Strathmore watercolor paper
Stamps: Layers of Color Royal Birds
Stamp Ink: Memento rich cocoa
Embellishments: Smooch molasses (bird's eye), Derwent watercolor pencils, Thickers jewelry box, Rose Moka brown alpha stickers, Bazzill ribbon


The scriptures I used were:
Isaiah 26:12 "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
Romans 5:1 "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our LORD Jesus Christ."

Remember to use Keyword HHN09 when posting in online galleries, and to chat about the challenge, join us in this thread here on Splitcoaststampers! I will see you again on Nov. 8th with a new study. I hope that you remember that even though we enjoy His peace we still face difficulties that help us grow. Don’t turn away or be discouraged but instead depend on the power of the Holy Spirit that indwells you and experience that peace in all situations. Blessings and peace to you,
Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Patter. Your words of wisdom touch me each time. Beautiful page you have created. LOVE it.
Hugs,
Chelsea

Cassie said...

this is so beautiful!!
one of my weekly favs!
http://toptencreations.blogspot.com/

Mrs. W said...

OHHH I love this Patter! The colors just speak to me totally yummy! Great job! I hope all is well with you I am praying for you. Heather LOC DT

Related Posts with Thumbnails