Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our Daily Bread Designs {Challenge 9}

**Okay, so this week, if you are my precious sister--close your browser. You cannot read today's post. :) Love you!!! **

Whew, that's two weeks in a row now that I have had to ask family members to not read my blog. LOL! Anyway, for today's ODBD challenge, we have this great sketch for you:I decided to make a 5x5 card instead of a rectangular card. I also changed the center circle on the sketch to a square and rounded my corners. Here is my take on the sketch: Papers: Paper Trey Ink cs, Basic Grey Kioshi, Aquarelle watercolor paper
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Happy Mother's Day, Our Daily Bread Designs Mom
Stamp Ink: VersaFine vintage sepia, Ranger clear ep, SU creamy caramel
Embellishments: Ribbon Retreat satin ribbon, sewing machine, Stickles pink, Derwent watercolor pencils

Yes, this card is for my sister for Mother's Day. I pray she likes it! I also used two of the newest sets from ODBD: the "Happy Mother's Day" set for the sentiment and the "Mom" set for the gorgeous flower bouquet. I then used a scripture from the "Mom" set on the inside of the card. The stunning designer papers are the newest Basic Grey papers called "Kioshi," and Kelley also has it available in the store here. :)

Now be sure to see what the rest of the team has done with the sketch!

America Kuhn
Chris Olsen
Christine Okken
Francie Gumprecht
Natalie Dever
Sabrina Jackson

I hope you will join us in today's challenge. To see all of the details and prizes for this week's challenge, see the ODBD blog post here. Also don't forget to upload your creations to Mister Linky in the same post by April 15th at 8 p.m. EST! And remember to use Keyword ODBDSLC9 when posting to online galleries. I hope to see your creations this week! Blessings to each of you!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I love those roses and your papers are perfect for this.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning Mother's Day card Patter!! I love the square shape, the colors and your gorgeous coloring. Very elegant take on the sketch!

Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

America said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL card! Great embossing! Lovely colors and DP!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Your knot on that satin ribbon is AMAZING Patter! I just love how it looks! Beautifully soft colors paired with the paper too. Lovely! And great that you're getting all these Mother's Day cards done early!

Unknown said...

LOVE that you went square with it Patter!! the colors are just beautiful!!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Patter! Love the stitching and your beautiful coloring! Hope your class went well! Have a wonderful blessed weekend!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Patter, oh my word, this is so beautiful!!! I am sure your sister will absolutely love it!! You have used that fabulous stitching again I so love ;D. Gorgeous papers you've used as well. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my Patter this is gorgeous!!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Patter! Love your take on the sketch and your stitching is just awesome.

Grace said...

Patter this is truly beautiful!!! I love the soft pretty colors and all the stitching! the ribbon gives it elegance... love the papers.... well... I love it all!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails