Sunday, May 9, 2010

{Scripture Challenge 2} Challenge Word #10, Example

First, before we begin, Happy Mother’s Day to all of my readers that are celebrating this day either as a mother yourself or honoring your own mother. Today as we think of mothers, I thought we should look at this word:

Challenge Word #10: Example

Who has been that living faith example to you in your life? Have you been that to others and are you that to your children? How about to those believers and unbelievers around you? Jesus Christ is our perfect example. Jesus knew how and when His life would end yet He continued to be that perfect example to us. Jesus says in John 13:15 “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.” We need to build others up through loving instruction and by example.

People, especially our children, watch what we do. They see how we act under stress. We are watched seven days a week; not just on Sundays, and we are watched by people that we don’t even realize are watching us. What do they see? Does your life match what you say? Do you wear a cross around your neck yet you grumble and complain all of the time? Do you gossip? Do you have a fish on your car yet you speed or have a fit of road rage? Our lives should point others to God by being that example He has called us to be. God’s Word is truth, and in His word we can find how we are to live and how we are to be living examples to those around us. James 1:22-25 says “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is like a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himself, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like. But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.”

I was hoping to get a page finished but we have had yet another tragedy strike our family. We lost two family members in February, and now my grandmother is in the hospital. We believe she has had a stroke. My mother is flying to be with her in the morning so I did not get to get my page finished. I apologize for that but hope you will understand, and we would certainly love your prayers for my grandmother as you feel led.

As you share your page for this challenge, remember to use Keyword SCRC210 when posting in galleries. Also, please leave a link here using our new link system by Inlinkz! I really love this new linking system. I hope you enjoyed using it last time as much as I did!

I pray in your quiet time over the next two weeks that you will think about the example you are to those around you. Ask God to help you be the example He wants you to be. Trust Him; He will show you! And remember to see all of our previous lessons, visit this post here. I will be back with another study on May 23th. Joyfully in Jesus,


Photobucket

5 comments:

Gwen said...

Praying for you and your family!

Kelley said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Grace said...

Oh Patter.... so sorry to hear about your Grandmother! Saying prayers for your family at this time!!!! Hope you had a happy Mother's Day!

Gwen said...

Just posted my example page...noticed the new challenge is up so needed to push myself to keep up! A great reminder that people are watching us and we need to live a holy life pleasing to God.

Nancy said...

Hi Patter! I can't believe I was so late! YIKES!! I almost felt I should email you for an extension or something! lol Hope things are well with you! I'm still praying for you and your family!...Nancy :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails