Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tuesday's {Tip} Deep Embossing

I came across this adorable card on Splitcoaststampers back in June. I PM'd Sue because I wanted to know how she got such "deep" embossing on her card. She told me that she uses different weights of paper to achieve different looks. Here is what she said:

"Thanks for your email. I always use Beckett Expression Radiance Paper (this is their 80 lb) for embossing because of the beautiful results, but I occasionally use their 130 lb paper for deeper embossing. That is a Sizzix folder and they are more deeply etched than others, so that might also be the difference. This one was the 80 lb."

Now who would have thought--different paper weights. I always focus on matching color and never thought about paper weights. I need to be more mindful of that because I love deep embossing! And look at these two other cards from Sue with great embossing:

Life
Precious One

I hope y'all will give it a try if you haven't already. Enjoy your Tuesday!
Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails