Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our Daily Bread Designs {Challenge 42}

Who likes recipes? Well, me, for cooking--no. I don't like to cook. LOL! But for papercrafting--oooh, I love recipes!!!!! And for our challenge today, we have the "We Three Kings Recipe" for you! What is the "We Three Kings Recipe" you ask? Well, you get to create something fun using three or more of the following items in this recipe: silver, red, blue, poinsettia, snowflake, ornament (it can include an ornament or you can create your own).

So, for the challenge, I used four of the items in the recipe. I used silver embossing powder, red, poinsettias from my Memory Box patterned paper, and I created an ornament. Whew! I didn't think I would end up using so much but I did, and it was fun! My ornament uses the new ODBD stamp set called "Ornaments" and the matching Spellbinders die called "Heirloom Ornaments." I also layered the entire piece with the Spellbinders Lacey Circles die. And as a side note, did you know that ODBD has been chosen by Spellbinders Paper Arts as a Preferred Stamp Partner. This means that ODBD will create stamps that are perfectly paired with Spellbinders products. How cool is that? Be watching because I will be sharing about the new Spellbinders Grand Calibur machine soon! Now here is my "recipe" creation:
Papers: Memory Box Tinsel, Memory Box Mistletoe
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Ornaments
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress embossing ink, forest moss, and aged mahogany; Ranger silver embossing tinsel
Embellishments: Stickles frosted lace, Spellbinders heirloom ornament die and lacey circles die, Robin's Nest silver dew drop, Prismacolor crimson lake pencil, tulle from Hobby Lobby


This ornament was super difficult to photograph. I took over 30 photos, and this was the best one I could get. I really love this ornament but sure didn't enjoy photographing it. LOL!

If you would like to see more recipe challenge creations, please be sure to check out the other ODBD Challenge Team creations here:

Chris Olsen
Chris Dickinson
Francie Gumprecht
Sabrina Jackson

This will be our last challenge before the holidays. Our winner will be announced on Sunday, December 26. Our first challenge for 2011 will be on January 8. I will be ending my term as a Challenge Design Team member but I am not leaving ODBD! Whew! I am thankful for that!!! Thank you Kelley! I will be starting something new with ODBD, and I can't wait to share with you in the new year! Be watching, and thank you Kelley for the fun new opportunity!

Now, to see all of the challenge and prize details, please see the ODBD blog post here. Yes, there are prizes, so you don't want to miss the details! Also please don't forget to uploaded your creations to Mister Linky in the same post by Thursday, December 23rd, at 8 p.m. EST to be eligible! Remember to use Keyword ODBDSLC42 when posting to online galleries. Enjoy the recipe, and happy crafting!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Verona said...

Your ornament is beautiful. I'm glad you aren't leaving Our Daily Bread. You fit in so well there.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Patter, oh my godness, this ornamet is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! You made it fo me, didn't you? ;D;D Your embossing looks amazing and even if it is a bear to photograph it looks amazing!! Have a blessed weekend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This ornament is one of my fave projects of yours. Gorgeous!! I just love all the embossing and layering!! Thanks for doing an outstanding job for the challenges and ODBD! Have a great weekend!
hugs,
Chris

Francie G. said...

Just gorgeous, Patter! Love the embossing and all the details! Have a wonderful weekend!

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

This is totally amazing!!! Loving it...thanks for sharing...Going to post a link to this on twitter...

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Related Posts with Thumbnails