Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tuesday's {Tip} My Video Set-Up

Have any of you set up a video to do a tutorial? Do you have a set-up you like? Well, I have tried before but could never get the angle correct, and I have been too swamped to mess with it. But I was determined yesterday, and I finally got it where I think it will work. I thought some of you might want to try a video set-up too, so I thought I would share today what I am doing thus far to get it to work.

My Set-Up
After playing with many places in my room, the best place and angle to shoot a video was just to the right of my desk. I had to use a TV dinner tray and then my scrap paper box to get my camera high enough but I think this will work okay. You can see my set-up here:
The Camera & Tripod
I have used my Canon G10 for a year and a half or so. I usually use it to take videos of my parrots. Shooting video like that is easy. But getting the camera set up on the tripod and making sure I could work in the "square" is a bit more difficult. But the best thing I have found to use is my Gorillapod Flexible Tripod. That thing helps me turn my camera in any direction so that I can get the best shot from that part of my desk. The only other option was directly over my head, and I don't think hubby would take to kindly to hanging something from the ceiling. LOL!

Now for the First Video
I did a quick tutorial for Memory Box to test this new set-up. You can find my first tutorial here. I will be sharing videos on both my Memory Box blog and this blog (as I have time). I hope you will enjoy them, and feel free to make suggestions of what types of videos you would like to see.

Thanks for stopping by today! Blessings,
Photobucket

3 comments:

dj said...

great tutorial....I am going to have to try that tripod out....i have seen them in the stores and wondered if they would work for the video camera.

Diana Joy said...

You did a fabulous job with your video. I like the angle and congrats on 'staying within the square' of working space. Also; you have a nice speaking voice...I'm a fan now. Oh; your technique is fabulous; thanks.

Vera said...

I enjoyed your video, and am thinking of trying the technique, looks like a great way to do a background. I have followed your blog for some time, doing the first scripture challenge in a 7x7 book.

Related Posts with Thumbnails