Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 3 {ODBDLYLS1} Scrapbook Challenge

Welcome to Week 3 of scrappy inspiration for our first Let Your Light Shine Scrapbook Challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs! Our challenge for you this month is to create a scrapbook page with this sketch:
This sketch can be used for any page size, and you can add as many or as few embellishments as you want. Use your creative imagination. Have you thought about flipping the sketch or using more than one photo? Why don't you try it!!

For my 8x8 page today, I decided to use 3 photos instead of one! I also used four stamp sets from ODBD! Here is what I did with each set. I stamped the Small Butterfly Background onto the brown paper with embossing ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. It makes a beautiful background without being too much. I then used the Large Butterfly Background to just cut out a few of the butterflies and then covered each one in Glossy Accents. It is so fun to use parts of a background stamp as an individual stamp! Have you ever tried that? The verse I used is from the For the Graduate set, and I cut out even more butterflies from the Faith set. I hope you will try thinking 'out of the box' as you use stamps on your scrapbook pages!

The photos are of one of my daughters. She rides her bike with me at 7 a.m. each morning on the beach when we go home. We have a special spot where we have prayer time, and there is just nothing like it! Such a blessing!!!! Here is how my page turned out:
Papers: Memory Box Pixie, Paper Trey Ink cs
Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps: Small Butterfly Background, Large Butterfly Background (cutouts), For the Graduate (verse), Faith (cutouts)
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink embossing ink and walnut stain, Memento potter's clay and bamboo leaves, Ranger clear ep
Embellishments: Paper Trey Ink just the ticket border die and rustic twine, Sizzlits little leaves die, Martha Stewart lace tag, Elle's Studio journaling tag, Tim Holtz tissue tape, Glossy Accents, Heidi Swapp ledger chip alpha and ghost clock, Rose Moka alpha stickers, Copic E29 to color misc. jewel


Now make sure you hop on over to see Grace's amazing 12x12 page. It is stunning, and you definitely won't want to miss it or the chance to leave her some love!!

So, are you working on your pages? I hope you are. We can't wait to see them!! Can you believe there are only two entries thus far? Come on and join us!!!! What a great opportunity to win some ODBD stamps!

How do you play along and get entered for the $25 gift certificate? You need to visit this post here on the ODBD blog. Be sure to follow the rules because I would hate for someone to miss out on the prize opportunity! Once you create your page or pages, link them to that same post on the ODBD blog. The challenge runs through Monday, January 31st, at 6 pm EST. You have just under 2 weeks left to get your entries in. We would love to see great participation with this first challenge! You can enter as many times as you like just remember to link your creations to the ODBD blog post. The winner will be announced with our new challenge that will begin February 1st! Be sure to use Keyword ODBDLYLS1 when linking to SCS or other public galleries.

Well, I hope you enjoyed my page and how I used each stamp set. If you have never done a scrapbook page, that is even more exciting! Give it a try and enter! You may find you LOVE it! Blessings,
Photobucket

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I love that you and your daughter have this special time together. And now you have the memory of it preserved beautifully on paper.

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful layout...

Vanessa said...

Patter, Beautiful (as usual) and what a sweet memory to scrap about! :)m

Grace said...

Hi Patter! I know I've told you before but it bears repeating... I love your style in scrapbooking and card making! This page is so special... filled with lots of little touches but most touching is that you have this special time and place where you pray together! These memories will last a lifetime! Beautiful photos too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails