Thursday, July 14, 2011

Art {Journaling} Recycled Envelopes!

**Please note: To see today's {Faith Journaling} post, please click here.

Okay, so most of us get junk mail, bills, or other pieces of mail that contain a return envelope. I have been collecting those window envelopes to use on mail art--something fun I learned in Roben-Marie's class. Well, then last week, I realized "Those envelopes have neat patterns and designs one them on the inside. Why not use them for an art journaling background." So, I tore open the envelopes and got to work. Here are some of them:


Look at the variety of colors and patterns. Too cool! For my mail art, I only need the window part anyway! Now I have two ways to recycle these extra envelopes. I began by tearing up the envelopes into pieces and putting them on a page using Collage Pauge.

These pieces did wrinkle a little when the Collage Pauge dried but I love that. It gives more dimension and character. Here is how my page about my love of mail turned out. You can still see some of the envelopes and designs underneath. It really makes a great background.




Stamps: SU Extra Postage, Serendipity Stamps Postoids, Unity Retro Bubble Borders and Just My Type
Stamp Ink: Archival black
Stencils: Delta, The Crafter's Workshop
Other: Liquitex Acrylic Ink and gesso, flip flop

So, if you have room for a little something else in your room or space, save a few window envelopes to make a fun background on a page. You could even use this on a card or layout too! Why not? :)

Next week, I am going to share my favorite products I use on my art journaling pages. So, if you have questions or want to know something specific, please let me know here in this post and I can share in next week's "favorite" post. :) Thanks for stopping by, and have a blessed Thursday!
Photobucket

10 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Who knew? What a great idea. My mother saves every envelope she gets and writes her lists on them. I'm going to raid her stash. Thanks for the inspiration Patter. ~ Abby

Pocono Pam said...

What an awesome idea!

Marlena M. said...

This is INCREDIBLE! What a creative idea. ;)

Anonymous said...

Patter, you are so creative! I usually use the envelopes to write my many different lists on!

I love the way they looked as your background on this page! The colors are so beautiful--they flow together so nicely. And, the stamped images look wonderful with the real postage "stamp" images!

I have started using Tissue boxes with designs on them for bg paper. It is a bit heavier...but they are decorated in so many different styles now...there are even vintage and masculine styles!

One item I would love to learn more about is Gesso. (I hope I spelled it correctly.) I would like to know about the different uses of it, if you ever have time to write about it.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful art...and your knowledge and creativity. Most of all...thank you for sharing your Love of the Lord!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Kim said...

THat is such a great idea! Gives the background more texture!! LOVE it!

Celina said...

What a cool idea! I didn't know that the inside of envelopes were so patterned and cool looking. That cover looks great!

Colleen G said...

WOW! This is such a great idea! And came out so pretty! Loving those soft colors together. How is Collage Pauge different then mod podge?

Carol said...

What a beautiful journal page ~ and that is so neat that the background it done with recycled envelope pieces!

Frank Zweegers said...

Looks really nice!

storybeader said...

very pretty! I use a lot of my envelopes as pockets on my art journaling pages, and have noticed the nice paper (only a recycler would think about this!) Like how you used it! {:-Deb

Related Posts with Thumbnails