Thursday, August 11, 2011

Art {Journaling} Bookmark

**Please note: To see today's {Faith Journaling} post, please click here.

Some of you may remember this post from a few weeks ago when I shared my new BSF notebook for this coming BSF year.


Well, I also made a magnetic bookmark to match my BSF notebook. To create the canvas notebook cover, I painted a piece of canvas with gesso. After letting it dry, I then painted the canvas. You can see it here as I was working on it.

After I was done painting, I cut out the canvas pieces for the notebook.  I then had several strips of canvas left over that I did not want to go to waste, so I decided to make bookmarks out of the strips.


Look at those great strips! To create the bookmark, I used 1" strips. I then used my sewing machine to sew around the edges. I also doodled on each piece. You can see the sewing and doodling in the center strip above.

Then I folded the canvas in half, used the sewing machine across the top to keep it folded, and then added Basic Grey magnets.

I used the ODBD stamp set called the Cross of Christ to stamp a cross on the bookmark. I also finished the canvas with Krylon Matte Finish so that it holds up through the years. Here is how it turned out:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Cross of Christ
Paint: Adirondack Paint Dabber pitch black
Stencils: Delta daisies
Other Products: Liquitex gesso, Dr. Ph Martin's India Inks, Pilot permaball pen, Basic Grey magnetic discs

I absolutely LOVE this bookmark. Very sturdy yet different. I made one for one of my daughter's too. I still have a couple of strips left to make a couple more. They each turn out slightly different because of the variety in the painting.  So fun and easy to do!

I hope you enjoy today's creation. Have a joyous Thursday, and as always, thanks for stopping by! Blessings,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Bunnyfreak said...

Stunning bookmark. Love this idea.

Anonymous said...

Dear Patter--I just wanted to let you know how much I look forward to your creative and informative e-mails. I am amazed that you are a Mom, a wife and have 3 daughters PLUS you are able to juggle your crafting time and do all so well!! You are very inspirational to me and others and I just wanted to take a moment to tell you :) May God bless you richly!!

Sincerely,
Gina

Related Posts with Thumbnails