Thursday, September 8, 2011

Art {Journaling} It's All About Tea!

**Please note: To find today's {Faith Journaling} Challenge, please click here or scroll down to the next post. :)

Green tea--you either love it or hate it so I have heard. I wanted to start drinking it for it's health benefits and because my body loves to retain water. Ick! It took a while until I found the way I like to drink it as I do not like hot drinks. I used to be a HUGE Southern Sweet Tea girl however I gave that up as I began losing weight. Anyway, I must have a cup a day of this new tea. I love it, and it keeps my fingers from swelling. Yeah! So, I thought an art journaling page about my love for my tea would be fun.  Here is what I created about "my tea":



Paper: Crate Paper Little Sprout (for tea cup and hearts)
Stamps: Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge, Stampin' Up Nursery Letters
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink jet black
Other: Portfolio Oil Pastel black, Liquitex gesso, Pentel EnerGel
Sprays: Adirondack Color Wash meadow and sunset orange
Teacup Template: Melstampz

I got the tea cup template from Mel's blog. She has many templates and a search feature so it's easy to find what you are looking for! I also included the tag and wrappers from the tea bags for fun. And in case you are wondering, here is my special green tea recipe:

Patter's Favorite Green Tea
*1 bag Twinings Green Tea Mint
*1 bag Stash Moroccan Mint
*8 oz. boiling water
*8 oz. ice chips


Brew both tea bags in the 8 oz. of hot water for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Pour over 8 oz. of ice chips. Drink and enjoy! 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed today's page! Blessings,
Photobucket

6 comments:

Renee V said...

This is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing it :)

Anonymous said...

i love to look at your art journaling projects. i don't know why i am somewhat reluctant to start doing this because it really looks like you can't really mess it up. anyway, thanx. also, i drink green tea a couple of times a day. my FAVORITE one is 'celestial seasonings honey lemon ginseng'. even my husband likes this. i have tried many other kinds but he has to have this one flavor. i hope you give it a try. i like it iced also. michelle frasher

Bunnyfreak said...

I didn't know that green tea could reduce water retention.

Catherine Denton said...

This is beautiful!! I found you through Storytellers (on Sadee's-A Picturebook Life) link. I'm so glad I did. Looking forward to browsing your art journal pages.
My Blog

Sadee Schilling said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful. Thanks so much for linking up at "Storytellers!" So glad to meet you!

I am a HUGE green tea fan myself--I drink 4-5 cups everyday. My favorite flavor is Green Jasmine but mixing in the mint tea looks delicious!

--Sadee

Esther said...

I love tea too! Although I have to admit, my favorite is English breakfast with a splash of milk. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails