Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday's {Tip} Circles!

Who doesn't love circles? I find I love them on layouts, cards, art journaling pages, everything! Well, I have been looking for circles that I can use without having to buy anything. So, I wanted to show you a few of my favorites here today. I hope it helps you to start looking around to see what you might find that will work for you too!

Some great ways to get circles onto your scrapbook pages, cards, and other creations is to use lids from any containers that you might have on hand along with some acrylic paint. Some of my favorites are:

*medicine lids (they come in various sizes)
*drink lids (again various sizes)
*lids from baby food jars
*cardboard tubing

Here are a few I mentioned above. Look at the different sizes and how they make different circles:


My absolute favorite circle to use on my creations is the one on the bottom right in the photo. It is a very sturdy piece of cardboard tubing from the center of a roll of aluminum foil. Toilet paper rolls work great too but I much prefer the sturdiness and thickness of the cardboard from aluminum foil!

Of course you can also get circles from:

*bubble wrap
*eraser on the end of a pencil

So, grab some acrylic paint and a circle or two and start creating! It's fun, they are cheap, and they can be used over and over again! Happy crafting!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that's how you do this!!! I've admired some of your circles, and quite frankly I've probably mistaken them for patterned paper. What a great suggestions---thanks a lot, Patter! (I also trace "just the right size" circles for certain cards or the letters of a title sometimes---inking might be faster, so I'll try.) Love, Jennifer in Ohio

Exodus 15:2 All who are skilled among you are to come and make everything the Lord has commanded.

Related Posts with Thumbnails