Thursday, March 8, 2012

Art {Journaling} Tiny Pages

Note: For today's {Faith Journaling} Challenge, please click here or scroll down one post. :)

Wow, can you believe I am posting two Art {Journaling} pages? I can't! I know it felt amazing to finally pull my paints, gesso, and other goodies out. I have been so overwhelmed but I got this new tiny journal by Moleskine, and I wanted to play with it. It's called the Moleskine Sketchbook Pocket. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it as it only measures 3 1/2" x 5 1/2" but after watching some of Donna Downey's Inspiration Wednesday posts, I decided this would be the perfect journal to try out the techniques she shares in her videos. I also thought it would be good for a tiny scripture memory book. I am not quite sure where this tiny book will take me but I am giving it a try. Let's look at what I did with my first page.

In one of Donna's videos, she shared how she put some twine down on a page, gesso'd over it, and just had fun painting her page. I decided that twine on a page would be new for me so why not try it in this tiny journal. Here is how it looked when I started:


And here is the final version:

Pin It

Paints: Liquitex gesso, Jenni Bowlin spice tin and soap powder, Claudine Hellmuth dash of red
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink cobalt
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Scripture Collection 5, Just Rite 100 Year Dater
Embellishments: baker's twine from amazon.com, misc. washi tape, Tim Holtz tiny attacher, Ranger tag
Journal: Moleskine Sketch Pocket

It's a bit hard to photograph this journal as it doesn't stay open very well. I am sure I will break the binding at some point. LOL!

Then after playing with the first small page, I decided to do a second page. This is of Isaiah 55:11. A favorite scripture of mine that I can never seem to remember the address. Ugh! So, maybe this will help me by putting down in paint. LOL!

Pin It

Paints: Liquitex gesso, Claudine Hellmuth landscape green, Dr. Ph. Martin's India Ink yellow, Making Memories eggplant
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink jet black
Stamps: Unity Lovely Lilacs, Unity Numbers, Just Rite 100 Year Dater
Embellishments: misc. washi tape, Ranger tag
Journal: Moleskine Sketch Pocket

Donna Downey tends to use a lot of tags on her pages. I like that thus you see both of the above pages have tags on them. Very fun! I also got a new toy this week for $29, and I can see myself using this on art journaling pages, scrapbook pages, cards, everything. Oh the memories this "manual beauty," the Smith-Corona Sterling typewriter, has brought back to me. Gotta love that bell and carriage return! :)

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed Thursday!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Love your work, I'm a fan of Donna too! Glad I found your blog :oD

Norma G.
www.lilhoneybeestudios.blogspot.com

Breesmimi said...

Hi Patter,
Saw your work on Pinterest and followed the link. Love to find another sister in Christ and a fellow BSFer. I was CA for 4 yrs and it was the best! Love BSF. Also big fan of Donna Downey. Thanks for posting your little Moleskin journal. Great idea to use it to try some new techniques. Love your pages. Stop by and check out my journals if you like.
Blessings.
Suzy

Related Posts with Thumbnails