Thursday, October 18, 2012

Art {Journaling} First Two Pages

This weekend I went crazy with my art journaling. I haven't created pages in 6 months, and I had so much fun! I ended up doing 6 pages!!! So, over the next 3 weeks, I will share them with you. I will share two pages each week.

These pages were the result of the Art Journal Conversion Workshop I took with Roben-Marie Smith. Here is a look at my project table from this weekend:


It may be messy but goodness it has been fun. In fact, the mess is still out. I think I am going to create a LOT more.

Each of these pages feature quotes from Dr. Henrietta Mears. I have a book of 431 quotes by Dr. Mears. They are such amazing quotes that I thought some of my favorites would be perfect on these pages. Here are the two pages I wanted to share with you today:

Three Hearts
Quote by Dr. Henrietta Mears: "The blood of the Lamb makes us safe; our trust in God's Word makes us sure."


Pin It



Purple Flower
Quote by Dr. Henrietta Mears: "Let the Bible fill the memory, rule the heart, and guide the feet."




Stamps: Memory Box Mail Definitions Background (G1839), Vintage Record Sheet (G1712)
Liquitex Gesso and Light Modeling Paste
Sprays: SEI Tumble Dye, Adirondack Color Wash, Mister Huey's Color Mists
Pen: Pentel Ener-Gel 0.7mm
Other: Neocolor II black; bubblewrap; various stencils by Tupperware, The Crafter's Workshop, and Delta

I hope you have enjoyed these. Be sure to check back next week for two more pages. I will eventually turn these into gift journals, and I will probably share that during the 4th week. Blessings,
Photobucket

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, you do fabulous work!

TLady said...

GORGEOUS WORK Patter!!!!!!!!! :) ANYONE would LOVE to receive these!!!!!!!!!! :) Have you THOUGHT ABOUT framing them?????:)

Unknown said...

wow! love how bright!

Roben-Marie said...

Nice work Patter! So glad you are enjoying the workshop and look forward to seeing more of your pages. Great color choices and love the texture! :)

Tracy said...

Great pages. I love these colours.

Ellen Porter said...

Patter, I love the collection of mists, paints, whatever else is in those bottles in the first photo, and you have done some great things with them. I may do a faith art journal in the future, you are such an inspiration in that regard.

Related Posts with Thumbnails