Friday, January 17, 2014

Organizational {Friday} Flair All Over Again

Some of you may remember my previous post on organizing my flair buttons. Well, once again, I was in need of a "make-over." I still like the old system because it did not take up much room but my flair collection grew. So, time for a change. Click here to see my old flair storage. You may find it's all you need. :)

The Carousel
Back in August 2013, zulily.com had these wonderful make-up carousels on clearance. They are called the Nifty Home Products Makeup Carousel. They come in many different colors. I purchased white for my girls and pink for myself. They are rather pricey (~$35) but on zulily, I was able to get them for $19 each. They are also available on amazon.com in various colors but still pricey (~$31). Click here to see them on amazon.com.

Anyway, this little carousel has turned out to be the best little storage piece. It has a lazy susan base so it rotates, and it is about 8" high. One downfall is that there is only 2 1/2" between the upper and lower storage areas. Thankfully the boxes I use still fit but at an angle in the bottom. This works great for me but something for you to be aware of if you buy one of these. I not only have my flair stored in here but also:

*Glossy Accents
*Scissors
*Enamel dots
*Burnishing tool
*Pencil

Pin It


Storing Flair
I have a bunch of the Stampin' Up Stamp and Supply Boxes. They measure 5.25" x 4.25" and come in a package of 10 (item no. 134678). They are actually on clearance now for $1.99 for a 10 pack! These boxes are great organizational boxes, and they offer them in several sizes. Anyway, these boxes fit perfectly into the carousel so I decided they would also be perfect for my flair buttons and dividing them into categories. I ended up using 7 boxes and have divided my flair buttons into these categories:

*Christian
*Christmas
*Dates and Days
*Decorative
*Photography
*Phrases
*Shapes

This really has worked great for me. I have had them like this for several months now, and I am really enjoying them stored this way. I hope this also helps give you some ideas too. Happy organizing!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello Patter, I have been away from the blogging world since October, and just wanted to say hello and let you know that I dropped out of your scripture challenge last year because of my husband's health. He has since gone home to be with the Lord. After several months, I am now getting back to doing some of the things that so uplifted me, and your blog and challenge is up at the top of my list! Blessings to you from me! Mary in Virginia

Related Posts with Thumbnails