Sunday, February 23, 2014

{SCRLLC14} Scripture Lesson #4, Good Morning

This week I thought that we needed something to wake us up and get us going. The winter can be dreary and difficult for many but I've got something fun for you. If you listen to KLOVE, you have heard this song a lot. People will call in at any time of the day and request this song as a "pick me up." They request it for their places of employment, for themselves, anyone. If you haven't heard it, well I hope you enjoy it. It is called "Good Morning" by Mandisa. You can watch the official lyrics video by clicking here. You can also have more fun and try out Mandisa's Zumba Routine taught by Mandisa herself! Click here. Doesn't she just put a smile on your face and make you ready to take on anything with our Lord?

So, what can we take away from this song? Let's look at some of the lyrics and scriptures to go along with it. Here are five points:

Lyric 1
"Wave away my yesterday 
'cause I'm leaving it behind me"

Isaiah 43:18-19a "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?"

God has paid a great price for my freedom and for your freedom in His Son Jesus Christ. He went to the cross for your sin and my sin. He forgives our sin but we need to repent and accept that forgiveness. He doesn't want us dwelling on what is old and left behind. Move forward today with Him and see what new thing He is doing!

Lyric 2
"It's a good morning
wake up to a brand new day"

Luke 9:23 "Then He said to them all: 'Whoever wants to be My disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow Me.'"

Philippians 4:11 "I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."

As Christians, we need to deny ourselves our way and our will, and we need to do it God's way and in God's will. Deny yourself and take on what God wants you to do today. The more we do that, the less we argue with God and are blessed. And for any circumstances you face today, will you draw on Christ's power? Will you ask Him to help you be content as you get up today and each and everyday? He will supply what you need, and He knows what is best for you each and every day.

Lyric 3
"You give me strength, 
You give me just what I need 
And I can feel the hope that's rising in me. 
It's a good morning."

2 Corinthians 12:9 "But He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me."

Hebrews 11:1 "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."

I love what the Life Application Bible says about Hebrews 11:1. It says "Do you remember how you felt when you were very young and your birthday approached? You were excited and anxious. You knew you would certainly receive gifts and other special treats. But some things would be a surprise. Birthdays combine assurance and anticipation, and so does faith! Faith is the conviction based on past experience that God's new and fresh surprises will surely be ours." So as you get up, what God has planned for you today is a surprise. Don't dread it! As the day unfolds, watch what He does in your life. What opportunities is He giving you today? Look for Him. Thank Him. Glorify Him!

Lyric 4
"Slow down, breathe in, 
Don't move ahead 
I'm just living in this moment."

Romans 14:17 "For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit."

Philippians 3:12 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."

Our highest calling is to live in fellowship with God. Look to Him. He will refresh you each day! We are not to dwell on the past or worry about the future. His presence can bring victory to a believer in their daily life. Are you experiencing that victory each day? Live in this moment!

Lyric 5
"Cuz' we both know that 
His mercy flows, In the morning."

Lamentations 3:22-24 "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.'”

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose."

God is faithful! Will you trust in His faithfulness each morning and throughout your day knowing that He promises good to those who love Him. Wake up; it's a brand new day. Will you move ahead with God today?

For my 6x6 page today, I used another Flying Unicorn sketch for my layout. I added a Prima resin window to remind me of waking up in the morning and relying on Him. The papers are the new Blue Fern Garden papers from Blue Fern Studios and the butterfly comes from the Blue Fern Studios Fantasy Butterflies set.
Pin It
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Blue Fern Garden Signature and Love Letters, misc. vellum 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Fantasy Butterfly (painted with FW Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic sky blue)
Stamp: Provo Craft Circa 12 pts. 
Stamp Ink: Hero Arts Shadow Ink soft sky, Archival jet black 
Embellishments: Prima brick stencil with Liquitex light modeling paste, Hug Snug hand-dyed seam binding, Prima Junkyard Findings resin window, May Arts twine, misc. buttons, cheesecloth, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers, Petaloo salmon paper flowering vines

Remember to use Keyword SCRLLC14 when posting your creations in any online galleries. Also, please leave a link to your creation here using Inlinkz! To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies, please see this post here. Blessings to you as your study and enjoy His word!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails