Friday, November 21, 2014

Creations for Blue Fern Studios

Today I have a layout and a card to share with you using the new Blue Fern Studios paper line called "Sanctuary." It is a beautiful line that can be used for anything, any time of year. I am going to show you how I used it on a heritage page and a Christmas card. You will see how versatile this new line is! Let's get started.

Cherish
This is my husband back in about 1966. Wasn't he a cutie? Well, I must say he still is. LOL! Anyway, for this page I used, the papers Sanctuary Bountiful and Sanctuary Conservatory. Such beautiful colors for this 8 1/2 x 11 heritage page.
To cover the Splattered Circles and Spare Parts chipboard pieces, I covered them in gesso, and then used some distress stains in various colors.

To cover the Adore, Love, Cherish chipboard piece (the title), I used the same technique as above but then I also added some darker gelatos to the chipboard.
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Sanctuary Bountiful and Conservatory
Stamps: Tim Holtz Ultimate Grunge
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink brushed corduroy
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Splattered Circles; Adore, Love, Cherish; Spare Parts (painted with gesso and Tim Holtz Distress Stain vintage photo and brushed corduroy)
Embellishments: Shimmerz Paints Texturez Patina, Prima Serenity flower and Jean Button, Tim Holtz Dot Face stencil with Prima Color Bloom tea stain mist, Tim Holtz mini gears, Pink Paislee Capitvating press ons, sari ribbon, cheesecloth, sewing machine


Christmas Wishes
For this card I used the Sanctuary Meadows of Time and Sanctuary Conservatory papers. The chipboard piece is called Seeing Stars.
To alter the chipboard, I covered it in silver Inka Gold and then added some silver and gold embossing. To finish, I added pearls around the edge.
Papers: Blue Fern Studios Sanctuary Conservatory and Meadows of Time
Stamps: Memory Box Christmas Ticket C1782
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink brushed corduroy, Jenni Bowlin chili powder
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Seeing Stars (painted with Inka Gold silver and embossed with silver and gold ep)
Embellishments: Memory Box pearls, Paper Trey Ink button, May Arts twine, sari ribbon, misc. lace, sewing machine


Thanks for stopping by, and don't forget to join in the Blue Fern Studios November Sketch Challenge. Click here to see all of the details!

3 comments:

D's Paper Studio said...

I first saw the photo and wondered if you had a son as well as your girls. My second guess was your husband. LOL It is a wonderful layout. Great job with the Blue Fern Studio chipboard and paper.

Debbie Olson said...

Both your heritage page and card are just lovely--thanks for sharing, Patter!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Patter! I am thankful for you and your creative sharing.
Jennifer in Ohio

Related Posts with Thumbnails