Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year and a New {Layout}

First, I wanted to wish each of you a Happy New Year! How exciting it will be to see where God takes each of us this year! I hope that despite what comes your way, you will truly watch for the blessings each day!

Next I wanted to share my newest layout with you using the January Blue Fern Studios Sketch. This precious picture is of our 8 year old Papillon, Scout. He has decided that he loves the larger dog bed while our newest puppy, Teddy, loves Scout's tiny bed. We rescued Teddy on December 20th, and he is a 13 month old blue merle Collie. I pray that God will allow him to become a therapy dog so that I can take him to help others in nursing homes and hospitals this year. We will see how he does with his training upcoming in February.

Now onto my 8 1/2 x 11 layout featuring this cute picture. First I used the newest Blue Fern Studios paper line called Sanctuary. I then used three different pieces of Blue Fern Studios chipboard Notebook Edges, Hooks and Keys, and the title comes from the set called Laughter, Happy, Smile.

I put gesso on all three chipboard pieces first. Then I used Texturez paint on the notebook edges to give those pieces a textured look. To color the key and title chipboard pieces, I just used distress ink. Works great and fast, and I love the color. Looks a little bit like leather, don't you think? :)

Papers: Blue Fern Studios Sancutary Meadows of Time and Correspondence, Paper Trey Ink kraft cs
Stamps: Unity Big Summertime Bouquet, Our Daily Bread Designs Sweet William (small), Artful Inkables Butterfly Blessings, October Afternoon Decade stamp 
Stamp Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink brushed corduroy, Archival Ink coffee 
Blue Fern Studios chipboard: Notebook Edges (painted with Shimmerz Texturez patina), Hooks and Keys (inked with distress ink), Laughter, Happy, Smile (inked with distress ink) 
Embellishments: Spellbinders Labels 4 die, Petaloo Dahlias teastaine and Mini Blossoms teal, Prima Innoscence flower, Wild Orchid Crafts flower, misc. enamel dots, misc. tag, thread, sewing machine

Now here is the sketch. Click here to see all of the details and join in the fun! And as you visit the Blue Fern Studios blog, you will notice our new 2015 designers using the sketch. I hope you will leave them some love. They have created some beautiful pages!

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your first day of 2015! Blessings,

4 comments:

Kristen H said...

Happy New Year! Many blessings to you in 2015!

Your layout is beautiful. I hope your new dog does well with training. Our neighbor's dog is a therapy dog and he loves taking Cheyenne to the hospital. It is good therapy for the owners as well, in my opinion.

Have a great year!

Susan M said...

Happy New Year Patter! your layout is lovely ! Hope your dog training goes well ,what a blessing you will be to so many people!

Danielle said...

Beautiful layout! Congratulations on the new pup! I hope his training goes well.

Kristen H said...

I am excited to try this challenge. The Bible study and fellowship with Christian ladies sounds like a perfect place to be in 2015! Thanks for this avenue to create! I love your prompts!

Related Posts with Thumbnails