Sunday, April 12, 2015

Glory Art {Tips} Another Step-by-Step Art Journaling Page

Today, I wanted to share another step-by-step art journaling page. I hope you find these helpful and find some fun ideas to add to your pages. For my inspiration, I used the Eroded Brights color combination from Design-Seeds.

I already had some underpaper with the teal and pink on it, so I collaged that paper and some map paper onto a blank art journaling page to begin. Underpaper and map paper are always great to have on hand. I recently got a new car, and in cleaning out the old car, I found several old AAA maps that I no longer needed so I added them to my art journaling stash. Be sure to check your car for older maps. They make great backgrounds. Now let's look at the steps to create this page.

Let's Create

Note: Most supplies I have used are listed at the bottom of this post.

1. Collage page with torn pieces of map paper and under paper using Collage Pauge. Here is what the page looks like at this point:

2. Using an old credit card, spread gesso all over page, and my page now looks like this:
3. With Art Anthology's Waimea mist and a stencil, mist a bit of color around the page.
4. With punchinella and Dina Wakley's ruby acrylic paint, add painted circles.
5. Using the Delta Daises stencil and Dina Wakley's lapis acrylic paint, add flowers.
6. Stamp circles with Memory Box Ring and Dot stamp using Dina Wakley's magenta paint. Also add circles with the same paint using American Crafts dot brayer.
7. Stamp all over the page using Archival cobalt ink and Unity Wood Grid stamp.
8. Cut a piece of paper from an old Bath and Body Works shopping bag to use for scriptures or journaling. White wash with gesso to tone the down blues.
9. Print scriptures, trim, and ink edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink chipped sapphire. Finish with Judikins Microglaze.
10. Stamp title with Tim Holtz Worn Text stamps and Dina Wakley lapis paint, stitch around bag, add scriptures, and glue to page.

11. Using Blue Fern Studios Halftone stamp set, stamp on page using Hero Arts India Ink black in corners and Dina Wakley magenta paint on page and on the bag with scriptures.

12. Doodle all over page to finish.



To see more photos, the product list, and the lesson that goes with this page, please click here. Thanks for joining me, and I hope this has helped you in creating an art journaling page. To see all of the previous art tips, please see this post here. Now go look for some old maps and have fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails