Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Glory {Art} Scripture Challenge for 2016


Welcome to another year of glorifying God through art. I have been sharing God’s word through my art and paper crafting for 8 years now. Can you believe this will be my 9th year leading Bible devotions and studies through art on my blog? I am so blessed that He continues to allow me to share His Word through words and art. For 2016, we will continue to study His Word as we have in the past. I will still be sharing 12 Bible teachings based on word studies, hymns, or whatever God brings to me over the course of the year. I will be creating through various art mediums each month. I will be sharing different pieces of art depending on where God leads me that particular month. This will be just like I did in 2015 except for 2016 we will just have a monthly challenge. Some weeks I may share an art journaling page, some weeks Scripture Art Cards, another week might be a scrapbook page, and others a Bible Journaling page, etc. God is pleased with any of our art forms, and my greatest desire is to glorify God. I try to do that through everything I create whether it be paper crafting, mixed media art, etc., thus the birth of “Glory ArtBringing Glory to God Through Art.”

Exodus 31:4-5 ". . .to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

First let's look at the types of art you might create in 2016. Then below my samples, you can read all of the details on the study.

Scrapbook Album, ATC, Art Journaling Pages, Cards--What Will You Create?
So, what will you create for 2016? What have you done in the past? You may have noticed this year that I have been creating different things each week. Maybe you are new to these challenges and would like some ideas. You can:

*Create Scripture Art cards and put them in page protectors.

*Create ATCs and put them on a holder or in page protectors.

*Create any size scrapbook page and put the pages in an album (here are some 8 1/2 x 11 pages and an 8x8 page).



*Create an art journaling page.

*Create a Journaling Bible page highlighting the verse you have chosen.

*Create a card and mail it to someone that might need to hear the words you have for them.

*Create a journal and put your 2016 study in this journal.

*Or create anything else you can think of; let God lead you.

Wow, just look at all of the different ways you can worship and glorify the Lord through art! You can create anything you wish, and it can vary from study to study. These are just ideas! It is truly a blessing, and I hope you will join me! Now for more specific details.

If You Participate, Do You Have to Create Something?
Absolutely not! :) You can just study God's Word and keep notes. You do not have to create a thing! I personally love the creating part and someday my kids can have these creations too as part of my faith legacy. For those of you not creating, you may just want to keep a journal with your study notes. Those too will be treasures for the generations to come.

What if You Want to Study with People at Church?
Wonderful! Please have them study along. However, I ask that you not copy my work. I also ask that you have the participants print the study directly from my blog post each time. It takes me many, many hours to prepare these studies, and they are inspired by the Lord. The studies are copyrighted, and I pray that you respect that. Thank you! For more information, please see the section below titled "Will this challenge be hosted on other sites? What about posting on my own blog?"

Now let me share a bit about how this challenge will work.
**I will post one study a month beginning Sunday, January 10, 2016. Mark your calendars, and see the entire 2016 calendar below! :)
**Challenges will usually be posted by 5 p.m. Eastern Time on challenge Sundays.
**My post will also share some thoughts, scripture or scriptures that I chose (usually from the NIV), and a picture of my art for that week.
**Then you will study your Bible and find scriptures that are meaningful to you based on the study and truth posted for that week.
**I love using Biblegateway to look up single keywords in the Bible. It is a great resource for this study.
**For hymns, Hymnary is a great resource for scripture text based on a hymn.
**Then you can create your art using your selected scripture and thoughts based on the study for that week.

Why Are You Only Posting Challenges Once a Month?
I know in years' past, I have done 2-4 challenges a month. These challenges take a lot of time to write and create. They are a true blessing to me, and God teaches me a lot through them. However, with my daughter's upcoming open heart surgery this year, I need to make sure I am available to her and also available to write and prepare these challenges with excellence and not in a rush just to get something out to you. I pray this will give you time also to really soak in His Word and enjoy the study also.

Will you share any art tips?
Yes, sometimes within a post, I will share tips on how I created the art for that day.

Is there a time limit to complete the challenge?
No, there is not a time limit to complete the challenge. This is for you so that you can study and learn to apply God's truths to your daily life! You do what you can when you can. You may join this challenge at ANY time throughout the year! Encourage your friends to join along throughout the year!

Do I need to sign up?
No, you can just subscribe to my blog to get the updates e-mailed directly to you. Also join us on the Facebook page. See details below.

Will this challenge be hosted on other sites? What about posting on my own blog?
No, you will only be able to find the challenge here on my blog. Please do not copy the post to other websites or your own blog. You may certainly link the study but do not copy the study. Feel free to post a quote but not the entire study. Remember, this study is copyrighted. Thank you! And make sure you subscribe to my blog if you haven't already. :) If you have friends that you think may be interested in joining us, feel free to send them the link to this post! For more information, please see the section above titled "What if You Want to Study with People at Church?"

Will you have a Facebook page?
Yes, I have created a Facebook page for our discussion and sharing of art. You can find our page here. It is a closed group so you will need to be invited to the group to join in.

Where can I share my work?
You can share wherever you feel ledyour blog, Pinterest, our Facebook group, Flickr, wherever. I will also use inlinkz.com for this challenge so that you can leave a link to your work here on my blog for others to see.

What Hashtags Should I Use?
You do not have to use hashtags if you are not interested. In fact, I only started using them on occasion over the past couple of months. Here are some ideas for hashtags: #GloryArt2016 and #GloryArt.

Where Can I See Sample Lessons?
All of the previous six years of study are here on my blog. But I will link a few here from over the years to give you an idea. Just click on the title, and you will be directed to the study.

*He Knows my Name
*Something in the Water
*Come Thou Fount of Every Blessings
*Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
*Creator

Is there a blinkie for this challenge?
Yes, but let's call it a button instead of a blinkie. :) It's a miniature version of the picture at the beginning of this post. I did not make one that blinks. It is a "stand alone" button. You will find this button in the sidebar of my blog and below this paragraph. Right-click and save it to your computer to add to your blog. I also ask that you link it back to this post or my blog. Feel free to add it to your message board signatures too. I hope you like it.

2016 Glory {Art} Scripture Challenge Schedule:
Challenge 1: January 10
Challenge 2: February 14
Challenge 3: March 13
Challenge 4: April 10
Challenge 5: May 8
Challenge 6: June 12
Challenge 7: July 10
Challenge 8: August 14
Challenge 9: September 11
Challenge 10: October 9
Challenge 11: November 13
Challenge 12: December 11

To see all of the current challenges thus far for 2016, please click here.

Remember to bookmark this page. It will be the "main information page" for the {Glory Art} Scripture Challenge. Please e-mail me if you have more questions, and I would love to know your thoughts on this upcoming challenge. Feel free to leave comments here or on the Facebook page! Blessings, and see you January 10th with our first study for 2016!

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Patter...I am so excited to be starting a new year with your wonderful Scripture Challenge! When my brothers became ill this year, I got too far behind to catch up. I am happy with the switch to a monthly challenge too! Can't wait to see what God will be teaching us through you! :o)

Patter Cross said...

Nancy, so glad you are also happy about the switch to a monthly challenge also. And praying for your brothers! Happy New Year!

Jonia said...

I am so excited to start a new year and to see what God has in store for us! I will continue to keep you and your daughter and family in prayer! God is good and can still work miracles! I see it all the time. Hopefully this year I can keep up!

Nancy said...

Thank you, Patter. I lost one but prayer for my other brother would be appreciated, as he's not out of the woods yet. I will continue to pray for you, and your family, as well! :o)

maryrose said...

Thank you, Patter! I'm so excited to participate this year! (I've been to sporadic in year's past, so hoping to stay the course this time.) Linking this up to my blog now (and already pinned this one, too). Bless you!

Anne-Marie said...

Patter, I really like your decision to host the challenges monthly as my life away from the computer has got busier these days. I am thinking of possibly getting back to some paper art for your challenges next year. I do enjoy my digital scrapbooking and will never stop doing that but just feel like I want to get my hands dirty with paint and glue again.
I pray for the doctors and nurses who will care for your daughter as she undergoes such a scary operation and that the outcome will be good. May 2016 prove to be a year of many blessings for you and your loved ones.

Gemiel said...

Patter,

Thanks so much for continuing to do these scripture challenges. I took a break from blogging last year and am excited to rejoin your challenge in 2016. Blessings to you and your family in the new year and I will lift your daughter and your family in prayer.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh Honey, I am joinin you. I found you on Pinterest. I'm working on a 365 calendar for my daughter. I was looking for inspiration.
I'm really, really new at this kind of art. I'm illustrating scripture and was looking for more ideas to embellish. You've really inspired your work is beautiful.
I put your button on my sidebar. I'm looking forward to this study.
I just love Pinterest! That's how I found you!
Have a wonderful week. I'll see you next week if not before. HeHe!

SCarol said...

I'm so glad you're going to do it again, Patter - Thank you! I loved doing it in 2015 and only have the last study to catch up on. It was such fun making scripture cards I shall do them again, maybe in a different size. Blessing to you and your family and particularly healing grace to your daughter.

Unknown said...

I'm joining you again Patter =)

I'm a friend of Anne-Marie's...

I'm starting from your first "Glory Art Scripture Challenge" for 2016

See you soon and God's Blessings and thanks for your challenges...

Thanks, Jemima

Related Posts with Thumbnails