Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Little Ribbon and Some Labels

Today I wanted to share a few little creations I made this weekend. I even finished some up before church this morning. Yes, I just can't seem to stay away from my studio over the past few days. Love it. Anyway, I thought you might like to see what I have created. I also wanted to share links with you so you too can create your own. I plan on using these on future creations. It was super fast to do these, and now I have my own fun stash that I created.

Ribbon
Most of you know that I have made my own crinkle ribbon out of seam binding for years. Well, here is what I made yesterday, and I just love them both. 


Use my instructions linked below to make your own but be sure you read the "don't" post also. Both of these posts are from 2012 but I still color my ribbon the exact same way. The only difference with the ribbon pictured above is that I used several colors of mist instead of just one or two. Fun, fun!


Labels
For 2017, I am thinking of making my own calendar following the Documented Life 2016 class. I purchased the class but I was never able to do it. My daughter had open heart surgery in February, and then a second heart surgery in March. Between her recovery and then cardiac rehab through July, I was way too busy to complete the project. So, I think I am going to do it for 2017! I am excited. Anyway, the class will not be held for 2017 but I believe you can still purchase the 2016 class for $12. Click here for details.

So, these labels I created below will be used in my calendar. I got this tutorial from Shelley Chavis. It's super easy and fun. There is also a different tutorial in the Documented Life 2016 class but of course, I can't share that. :) So to see Shelley's very easy tutorial, click here. The one thing I did differently is that I did not use a Sharpie around the edges. On the labels, I did use my Stabilo All pencil with a waterbrush though.


I hope you have enjoyed today's post. Have a blessed week ahead, and have fun creating!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails