Thursday, November 17, 2016

Art {Journaling} No Waste!

Do you find when you create that you have left over paint? How about left over ink on a stamp? And what about left over modeling paste? No problem! How about keeping an old book and a journal nearby. That's what I do. I then add the leftover paint, ink, etc., to the pages. I also add it to deli paper. All of these pieces then give me a place to start when I start a new page instead of the page being blank. It also gives me great papers to use for collage, Bible Journaling, or to cover other pieces. Here are a few examples:

And here is how I used the above page to cover an ICAD. This ICAD is not complete yet but it will go very quickly once I use this particular card.

And some more pages I can use for future work:



I do not prep the pages in the journal with gesso. I just add whatever paint or ink is left over and add it directly to the page.

Now what about that left over modeling paste? It can really be messy. Sometimes I add it to a journal page, and sometimes I add it to other papers such as these used paper bags. I can then add them to journal pages or any creation in the future. The paste is dry and ready to go when I want to use it.

I hope this has been helpful. Grab a book and a journal and start adding your leftovers to them! Have fun!

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails