Okay, I have wanted to upgrade my Epson Charm for sometime. I have had it for years, and it has served me well. Anyway, I did a photo comparison so that this may help some of you trying to make the same decision. Let's look at what I did and what I discovered.
- These images were not edited. I just added text to help people that look at the photo.
- The image was printed on Epson Matte paper for the Charm and the PM400 prints.
- The image was printed on Canon glossy paper for the Selphy print.
- I always felt the Charm printed dark and would be frustrated editing photos. You can see how much darker that print is from the rest.
- The PM400 prints a bit lighter so I won't need to edit the lighting in photos. YES!
- The Selphy the color is not as rich as you can see but still not bad.
- I used the PL app to print these two photos on one 4x6 sheet.
- The photo closest to the true coloring of my boys is the PM400 print.
So, here is the comparison. What do you think?
Edited to add that I received the Epson Semi-glossy paper in the mail today. I just tried it out, and it is extremely similar to the matte paper. Since it is hard to find the Epson Matte paper (unless you buy it with the Charm ink cartridge), I will use the Semi-gloss from now on. Really nice paper.
Feel free to ask questions below. Thanks for stopping by!