Sunday, February 12, 2017

{ICAD} Fun Way to Start a Background

Today I wanted to share a fun way to start a background on an ICAD. You will need:
  • Cards
  • Gesso
  • Stamps
  • Black ink
  • Water bottle
  • Various colored mists
  • Rubbing Alcohol
First I added gesso to my two cards. Then I used ink to stamp images on each card. On one I used butterflies, and on the other I used text.

Once dry, I spritzed each card with water then added the mists. While the color pooled, I dropped on a bit of alcohol. The white circle areas in the photos below are where the alcohol was dropped. I keep just a bit of rubbing alchohol in a mister from an old handsanitizer. You can see it in the second photo below. You can also use a Mini Mister.


Once dry, continue to complete the cards however you desire. Here  are my cards after they have dried:

Now they are ready to finish up and add a quote or scripture. Have fun!

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies


1 comment:

stefani said...

Thanks for sharing your process. I am looking forward to trying it, especially using alcohol. That's a new one for me. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails