Sunday, June 18, 2017

Glory {Art} 2017 Scripture Challenge #6, Encourage

The Study
As some of you know, one of our daughters has officially moved out after graduating college. As a mom, I have been trying to think of ways to encourage her. She has had some down moments, and anything I can do to encourage her in the Lord is what I need to do!

She came home last weekend, and I baked her favorite meatloaf. I cut it into eight equal slices, and then I packaged them for her to freeze so she could have eight dinners over the next month or so. God shared with me the neatest way to encourage her (yes, even with meatloaf). He put on my heart to write encouraging scriptures on each freezer bag so that when she removed the meatloaf from the freezer, she will have His word to draw from.

Some of the scriptures I used were:

Joshua 1:9 "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Psalm 31:24 "Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord."

Psalm 55:22 "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken."

Proverbs 18:10 "The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Isaiah 40:31 "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in His love He will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

2 Timothy 1:7  "For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

God's word also tells us that we should encourage others. Let's look at a few scriptures:

Deuteronomy 3:28 "But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see."

Acts 11:23 "When he arrived and saw what the grace of God had done, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts."

1 Thessalonians 5:11 "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."

Who can you encourage in the Lord today? Nothing is too big or small for Him. He doesn't grow weary, and He gives strength. Don't be consumed by the issues but be encouraged by Him!

Journaling Prompt
Here are a few journaling prompts for you to choose from this month:
  • Who can you encourage this week, and how will you do that?
  • How has someone encouraged you in the past?
  • What encouragement can you give your children?
  • Who do you talk to for encouragement?
  • What scripture encourages you today and why?
The Art
Today I decided to make some Pocket Cards. They are cards of encouragement that I send to people. To make them, I use playing cards cut down to 2 5/8" square. Once the cards were cut down, I covered the cards in book paper with extra paint that I had put on the paper. I have a book full of pages with extra paint. Then I use those pages in my art. Here is what the cards looked like to start:

Then I added tape, tickets, etc.

After that, I created them just like my Scripture Art Cards. Here is how they turned out:





I also used an old, small, square envelope to create a temple to make envelopes for these cards.

On the back, I will write a note to the recipient. I hope these cards bring encouragement to a few people.

Thanks for joining me today. Feel free to join us on the Facebook page where some people will be sharing their creations. To see all of the information regarding this challenge and the previous studies, please see this post here. I pray that you will be encouraged today or that you are able to encourage someone that God puts in your path! Blessings,

Product List (click product tags for more information)

View blog post for supplies

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea for the meatloaf!
Lovely cards and verses.
Happy Father's Day to your husband.
Jennifer in OH

Related Posts with Thumbnails