Friday, August 18, 2017

Art {Marks} Using India Inks

If you remember my post from a week and a half ago, I shared how I like to use pastels in my little art journal. If you missed that post, click here. Today I wanted to show you a few pages where I have used Dr. Ph. Martins India Inks. Remember, these are waterproof so you can add media on top of these after they dry, and they will not move or muddy up. Love it!
To start, I do put gesso down on the page. I then put a few drops of the colors around the page and then scrape the colors across the page with an old hotel key. If I want to blend more, I use a baby wipe gently to mix and lift a bit of color. Here is a completed page with blended colors for the background. See the end of this post for a photo of an incomplete blended page.


I also will use these inks to drip down the page. Here is a page that I blended first and then added drips. The second photo shows the completed page.




And here is a page that I blended before adding the rest of the goodies to the page. This is a sneak peek for the Glory {Art} Challenge on Sunday. :)


I hope you like these. I truly love these inks. They are great for splatters too. Just take off the lid, dip in your brush, and then splatter away! Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy your Friday!

Product List (click product tags for more information)
View blog post for supplies

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails