Wednesday, December 26, 2018

{Journaling} Pray. Believe. Repeat.

Merry Christmas! I hope your day was wonderful. On Sunday morning before Christmas, our daughter called us as she always does when she gets home from her shift. This particular call was one that I had to journal. I am so thankful that I have the privilege to pray for her and other officers, and thankful that the Lord kept them safe!


To make the circles, I used some painted circles I found in my scrap book. I put extra paint, stamped off images, etc., in this book. Then I use them later in my work. These circles worked perfect for my journaling pages today. I cut two circles out, added some stamped flowers, painted them, and then doodled over the flowers after I glued them into my journal. I always do the art first and then journal around the art.


If you don't like to journal, you might want to journal just as you feel led. My journal pages always include a question followed by my journaling. I might journal twice a month or maybe not for six months at a time. Journaling this way really relieves the pressure to journal daily, and I don't feel like a journaling failure. The pages that are journaled (no matter when they are done) will hopefully be treasured someday by the generations to come. Have a blessed rest of your week, and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Jennifer, Allan, & Julia said...

Thank you for this post. I thank the Lord that your daughter was obedient to the Holy Spirit’s prompting.
What a great encouragement to follow those gentle nudges.

I also appreciate your use of book paper and saving for another time what you create in stages. It is a joy to do a little creative something and then later come back and find it waiting. I do write a log of devotional activities,thoughts, prayers, gratitude daily but that book is just lined paper. It would be fun to decorate some pages for the upcoming year—thanks for explaining your process. I agree that some detailed words every so often are far better than feeling a failure for not writing wordy prose daily ( analogous to getting exercise a few days per week rather than giving up because it isn’t daily.)
Thanks—Jennifer in Ohio

Related Posts with Thumbnails