Tuesday, December 16, 2008

His Holy Name & Scripture Challenge Updates

Can you believe we will start our challenges in just 2 1/2 weeks? Yes, we will begin on Sunday, January 4th, 2009! Wow! I am so excited to start this new challenge. I am also excited to have a lot of you starting the Scripture Challenge for the first time.

I wanted to give you some updates. As I said, we will start on January 4th. That will be for both challenges. Mark your calendars! Also, now is the time to get your albums, ATC holders, Rolodex file, etc., ready. I wanted to share with you what I will be using this year for the His Holy Name challenge. I purchased these adorable 6x6 albums from Scrapbook.com.
I am very impressed with them. They are 3-ring albums which I prefer, the page protectors are nice and sturdy, and they make many, many different colors in this particular album. I went with the neutral colors so they would always match my decor. I can add ribbons and things to dress them up or "change" their color. Here is the link to all of the album colors on Scrapbook.com. They run $14.99 each but beware, they are faux leather not real leather. I think the packaging is misleading. Wolfcamera.com has them for $10.35 an album; however, they do not have the page protectors. They also only have three album colors. You can see the albums at Wolfcamera.com here.

I had a hard time finding the page protectors. Scrapbook.com has them here. I purchased enough for the year so I don't have to worry about finding them again. That was the only draw back to this album; otherwise I love it.

Now about the Scripture Challenge. Since I will only be posting every other Sunday night with the His Holy Name Challenge, I thought I would post two Scripture Challenge words each time I post the His Holy Name Challenge. Would that work for the Scripture Challenge participants to get two words at a time? You will then have two weeks to work on your pages/cards. I would love to know your thoughts. Please post in the comment section and let me know if that would work for you.

Also, if you have any other questions, comments, etc., feel free to post here or e-mail me. I pray that you all will be blessed by this year's study! I am excited to get started! Have a joyous Tuesday!

10 comments:

Tanis said...

Yes, that would totally work for me. I'm going to do the scripture challenges, cause i started SO LATE in the year with them.....
I always print them out so I can read them all week as I work on my page....so I'll just print out both right away and away I go.
Thanks again Patter! This is a VERY inspiring way to get into the Word.

buggin2stamp said...

Another newbie here. I found a thread on SCS about your challenge. I added it to my calendar. I think it is a wonderful idea. This will be another way to learn the word and be creative at the same time. I need to figure out what format I will do mine in. Thank you for taking the time to do this. May God shower blessings upon you.

Melissa

Susan Lankford said...

Hi Patter....Not sure I can do more than one challenge, so for now I will stick to the His Holy Name Challenge....just bought my album and protective pages at the site you suggested! Thanks...I so appreciate some direction with this! Susan

Cathy said...

I'm so sorry I haven't found your blog before today....I'm inspired just reading through the older posts. And I'm bookmarking to hopefully 'play' along this year :)

blessings!
Cathy

Mel G said...

I'm planning on doing the scripture challenge next year, and posting once every two weeks sounds great! Thank you for leading this challenge, I am very excited to start! :)

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog, and I am INSPIRED! I was just thinking to myself that I need to get more of Him in my pages and not just "us", ya know? I will definitely be participating in both challenges...

Tami Grandi said...

This has been the focus of sermons these last couple of weeks at church and I'm so excited to be able to incorporate this! Thanks for organizing this!

Unknown said...

I am so excited about the new challenge... I am going to try to do both this time... I had started the scripture challenge but didn't keep up... I am going to use some old Creative Memories 8x10 album pages I have and 1 last CM 8x10 album for the His Holy Name Challenge and plan on using my rolodex for the Scripture challenge.

Melissa Hoehn said...

Hi Patter, I just stumbled across your blog a few days ago. Love, love, love your work!

Love & Light,
Lissa

Anonymous said...

Hi Patter! I just discovered your Scripture Challenge, and I'm so excited to start in the new year! I'm thinking that I will do an ATC display. I love the size and the fact that it would be so easily accessible to look through for me, my family, and anyone who visits our home. Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails