Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hip Hop {Thursday's} All About Backgrounds

Happy Thursday! You should be joining me from Brooke's fun blog. If not, please be sure to hop on back to the Unity blog and start at the beginning. You wouldn't want to miss any of the fun today for sure!

Today, I am making it all about backgrounds using Unity stamps! I created two cards for you using my stamps to make backgrounds! On this first card, I used the new Unity Just My Type alpha set to create my background. I think I may do this a lot! I love the look of the alpha as a background! For my second card, I used the scalloped frame stamp from the January Unity Love, Etc. kit to make this background. I inked up just the floral design on the inside of the stamp and stamped it four times on my white Paper Trey cardstock. Then I cut it down to the size I wanted. Super easy, and these flowers make a beautiful background!I hope you enjoy these and will try using the awesome Unity stamps to make your own backgrounds! Now hop on over to Anne-Marie's stunning blog for more Unity fun! Blessings,

39 comments:

Kerry said...

Great cards Patter...love how the backgrounds turned out!

Jacqueline said...

these are beautiful Patter!! Love them!!

joslyn said...

these are so cute!!!

Ashley Newell said...

Beautiful cards Patters!

StampinCathy said...

Adorable cards. Love how you used the stamps to make your own background. Very inspiring cards.

Paula Laird said...

Great idea and super cute cards! Love the alphabet background especially!

Tink said...

I like the Alpha as a background too! Great cards!

Lindsay Spencer said...

So cute! I love that background stamp. It's HUGE!!

Jenn said...

Your alphabet card is super cute Patter

Lisa F said...

Love the background you designed! Beautiful!

Renee' Morris-Dezember said...

Super cards this morning Patter...gosh now I wish I didn't have all this OTHER stuff to do - I would rather just sit down and make some cards :)

Shemaine Smith said...

very cute!!! hip hop

Lisa H. said...

you rock, girl! love the backgrounds you created.

Rose said...

Patter, lots of great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

Rose

Daniella said...

What a beautiful Blue Card!!

Ramsey said...

Very cute, Patter! I love the blue card!

Jen E. said...

i like how you used the alphabet lettes as a background. i am totally gonna copy that!

FibreJunky said...

I love that second card! You're right. The flowers make a fantastic background.

Ravengirl said...

Very creative! Your cards today are exactly the reason I love blog hops! This is such a great idea!

Beate said...

I love how your paper turned out! Very beautiful!

Marla said...

I love your cards - great flowered background.

Candace H said...

Lovely cards, Patter! Thanks for the HipHopInspiration!

Scrapycandy said...

So wonderful! I need to try the background idea. Thanks so much.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards~~~

Debbie Olson said...

These are fabulous, Patter--I especially like the font on on top!

Sara Henton said...

Your cards are stunning, very simplistic and stunning!!

Unknown said...

woohoo Patter! LOVE the unique way you used these stamps! very creative girl!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!! I love, love, love the background on the second one. Totally awesome!

Lee said...

How fun!!! I love the backgrounds!!

NoraAnne said...

WOW!!! I love your cards and what a great idea to make your own backgrounds :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Angela said...

Those both turned out great. Love how you did the backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE backgrounders! Your creations are gorgeous:)

Lynn Ghahary said...

Love everything Patter! Lynn :)

Jessy said...

Patter love the idea of making new backgrounds!! How cool!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey friend,
all you work is very up lifting with awsome colors. hotwheels

Heather Brown said...

These are GORGEOUS Patter!! Love the Backgrounds!!

Lela said...

Great idea to use the stamps as backgrounds! They both turned out really pretty

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

Patter, these cards are just beautiful! LOVE them!

KindredEsprit said...

Thank you so much for highlighting backgrounds!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails