Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Week 2 {ODBDLYLS6} Scrapbook Challenge

Welcome to Week 2 of our June Scrapbook Challenge! This month we are creating layouts based on this sketch created by Chrissy:


For my inspiration this month, I decided to scrap this photo of my great aunt and one of my daughter's. My aunt passed away last week, and I felt I needed to scrap this page. The sketch was perfect for it. I used two ODBD stamp sets for my 8x8 page: Each Minute (for the sentiment) and Mother's Day (for the flowers).

Papers: Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends, Paper Trey Ink cs
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs Mother's Day (flowers) and Each Minute (sentiment)
Stamp Ink: Archival Ink coffee
Embellishments: Memory Box classic scallop die; Tim Holtz journaling ticket; Bazzill blossoms; misc. lace; leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts; Copics R22, R24, R29; Distress Stickles walnut stain; Martha Stewart monarch butterfly punch and tag; sewing machine

To see all of the challenge guidelines, please see this post here. The challenge runs through Thursday, June 30th, at 6 p.m. Eastern. You have all month to enter. We already have some wonderful entries using the sketch, and we can't wait to see more! Sketches really are a fun way to scrap! Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to visit Lorelie's blog to see what she created with the sketch! Blessings,
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [15 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Pearl said...

Hi Patter !

Thanks for your warm welcome to the ODBD blog challenges ! Love your take on the scrapbook challenge here !
I'll see if I have the time to join in the scrapbook ones. Love the card challenges so far ! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails