Friday, August 3, 2012

Organizational {Friday} Scrap 'n Cube Paper Tower

Guess what arrived on my doorstep yesterday? Yes, my Scrap 'n Cube Paper Tower! I was SO excited to see the UPS man with his trolley full of 4 boxes! Scrap 'n Cube always packages their products beautifully. Over the past 7 years of ordering from them (gosh has it been that long), I have never had anything damaged!

If you remember, my old paper rack (a Display Dynamics paper rack) crashed and broke a few weeks ago. Here are photos after the crash:



Mind you, I had just unboxed all of my paper and gotten it organized on the paper rack then it all crashed. Here is the messy pile of paper that was left--all 21" of it:

Don't ya just love that old Disney paper? I can't part with it. One day I will get to all of those Disney photos, and that paper may just come in handy. :)

So this morning I have been re-organizing that pile of paper and putting it into my new Scrap 'n Cube Paper Tower. Here are the cubes and floor bases just after I unboxed them yesterday:


There are 4 cubes and 2 floor bases. I got 2 floor bases because I wasn't sure if I will stack all 4 cubes on 1 base or split them up with 2 cubes in 2 separate places in my room each on their own base. That's what I love about Scrap 'n Cube--so versatile, easy to move and rearrange! So many options available for sure! I have moved my room 3 times now in 7 years and rearranged my Scrap 'n Cube each time. It works in EVERY single room! I can't wait to share my full room once it's done.

Anyway, each shelf in each cube will hold about 120 sheets of 12x12 paper which equates to over 720 sheets per storage cube or 2,880 sheets per paper tower! Wow, now I pray I never have that much paper to go through. LOL! For my cubes, I have decided for now to stack the 4 cubes on 1 floor base. Here is how the cubes looked after I stacked them in their new space:

So very sturdy, and this thing will NOT fall down! And here is how they look with my paper put away:

Pin It

To organize the paper, I always put cardstock on top in "color order."

Then the lower half is patterned paper organized alphabetically by manufacturer. Notice I have two slots left, and a lot of the slots are not full. I am thankful for that!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing a part of my new room with my new paper tower. Thanks for stopping by! Blessings to each of you!
Photobucket

14 comments:

Cindy said...

They look Amazing Patter...So glad all your paper fit with room to grow into; that's always a good thing, right?! Thanks for the post...You're such a Blessing to us!! ~ Hugs!!

bethann said...

lovely, can the slots go sideways as that is how i prefer to store my paper, so i can get it out and i hve fewer creases

Patter Cross said...

Bethann, they sure can!!! You just turn the cube sideways!!!! :) How fun, I never thought of doing it like that!

Penny Smith said...

You do have a "money is no object" approach to organizing. :)(Which many would love, but not within practical reach for many.) The wood paper organizers with as about as many trays (clear plastic) are about $100-125. They won't hold quite as much per try, but you could get 2 less than one set of 4 of these... they are the wood surround with clear plastic trays that many stores use.. Maybe you have had those before.

Patter Cross said...

Yes, Penny, I have had the "wood" surround with plastic trays paper storage before. That's what I had before this, and it completely broke as you can see in the photos of this post. It is NOT wood and made very cheaply. I got mine from a store that was going out of business in fact. It costs $173.50 new. The Scrap 'n Cube paper tower is SOLID wood, dovetailed corners, etc., and is only $251.80. I was going for quality this time! If I was going to spend $173 why not spend $80 more and get something that will last a lifetime not something that will break in one fall. Just my way of thinking and what works for me. :) Blessings,

TLady said...

Your paper tower looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! One day.... (sigh!) :) NICE to know WHERE to get those cubes! THANKS! :)Can't wait to see the rest of your room! :)

Natalie said...

Patter, this is fabulous! Exactly what I want only I'd set mine up vertically. Wonderful looking piece of organizing furniture.

Stephanie said...

Patter, I love it!!! It looks great and the quality shows. I would also store mine vertically -- I like to flip thru the sheets and not have to go down thru the stack. I ruin paper that way. :(

I can't wait to see your whole space.

Anonymous said...

Love what u are doing.
My question is how do u afford it?

Gail from Kansas

Traci S. said...

Hi Patter,

I don't have enough money to buy this beautiful paper storage unit. Do you have an idea for storing 12" x 12" paper? I was thinking of hanging folders, but was afraid they would bend or curl at the end. It looks like we have about the same amount of paper of this size...plus I have a cabinet of books/pads of paper. Thank you for any idea.

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Traci,

Have you looked at Jetmax cubes? They make one that has slots similar to the one Patter shows. They are not as well made but they cost less. You can find them at Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. They also have a 12 x 12 hanging file folder cube. I have my solid 12 x 12 cardstock in that and have no trouble with the edges curling. I use Cropper Hopper bins for my 12 x 12 patterned paper.

Hope this helps. Patter probably has other ideas for you but I thot I'd throw my 2 cents into the mix. :) Hope you don't mind.

LindaB said...

Just found your blog from 2peas. Love your paper tower.
I have a question about your solid paper. It looks like you store all shades of the same color paper in one divider. Do you have any type of a divider between your light blue and royal blue, for example?
And a question about your pattern paper...how do you organize that in the separate shelves?
Thank you, Linda
BTW, I was interested to read your bio. We are a lot alike, I am a childbirth educator too.

Roseanne said...

absolutely love the cubes!!! thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I may have missed this but where did you order these from? I love them and they look great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails