Friday, March 29, 2013

Organizational {Friday} Wood Veneers

So, how many of you have jumped on the "wood veneer bandwagon"? I love all sorts of different embellishments so when these began coming out, of course I jumped aboard. LOL! Today I wanted to show you how I store them. Again, nothing earth shattering, and this will work for all sorts of embellishments too (buttons, resins, anything loose).

When two of my daughters took an intensive 2-day physics lab course out of town, I went shopping at the local JoAnn's. We do not have one in our new town so I took advantage of the one just down the street from the hotel. As I carefully walked each isle, I came across this little beauty:

This is a slim satchel but is large. So, while it's not high, it's a nice size—14"x15". It was on sale too and the last one, so I grabbed it.

Once I got home, I got to work on organizing my wood veneers. I tried to divide them by type and put them in alphabetical order. Some of the larger pieces had to be put in the corners because that was the only place they could fit but otherwise, they are in alphabetic order:

*Birds
*Cameras
*Flowers
*Hexagons
*Leaves
*Owls
*People
*Snowflakes
*Tabs
*Etc.
Pin It

Almost all of these wood veneers are from Prima so I did not label them. If they were not from Prima, I through in a piece of the packaging so that I would know who the manufacturer was (see the Studio Calico label above).

Now that my wood veneers were organized, I didn't know where I was going to store the box because it is so large. I found the perfect spot. Because it is slim, it fits beautifully underneath one of my bookshelves. You can see it "peeking out" in the photo below. I LOVE it there. It's right next to my Stratford Storage Unit. If you missed that post, click here.

And how do you adhere wood veneer pieces? I see a lot of people ask this. I always use my favorite embellishment glue--Glossy Accents. That stuff holds everything. I have been through many bottles of it, and I use it for household items too. Truly a great adhesive to have on hand.

I hope this was helpful. Enjoy, and have a blessed Easter weekend!

5 comments:

Gemiel said...

What a great idea!!! I'm currently storing my veneers in the packaging and I've been looking for some type of storage that will hold all the different sizes. This one looks like it will work nicely.

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Love this storage idea! I don't have too many veneers (gasp! LOL!) but the ones I have I store in a plastic ice cube tray that wasn't in use.

Alyssa said...

Great idea. I am looking at organizing my wood veneer and other bits.

PLa said...

I love ArtBin, have a few of their storage solutions. I am loving all your wood veneers, I have been trying to resist this trend, but we'll see. I like all of your ideas!

Tasha said...

Nice! I've tried tackle type boxes in the past and those never worked, too many of the same size compartments, you definitely need a variety of sizes for veneers. That box is perfect!

Related Posts with Thumbnails