Friday, May 30, 2014

A {Little} 'To Do' Book

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a tutorial on how to make a mixed media bird journal. You may have also seen it on Pinterest. Click here to see the tutorial. Well, I noticed it used a stamp set I have had and love. It also uses a Moleskine journal, and I love to use Moleskine journals for everything. This particular tutorial used the Cahier Moleskine which I had never seen but I loved the Kraft cover. They come in a pack of three at amazon.com for $11.66. I purchased the squared journal which means it's graph paper inside. I believe it also comes in a lined version. I prefer the graph paper. So, I decided to buy this Moleskine journal and make a 'to do' book. 

This little book can be made in less than an hour and would make a great gift. It is super fast to do, fun, and turns out cute. Here is how mine turned out:
Pin It
Journal: Moleskine Cahier Squared 
Papers: Canson Mixed Media paper, Art Journaling Card by Patter Cross 
Stamp: Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds 
Stamp Ink: Archival jet black 
Paints: Ayeeda Paint matte pink and matte turquoise, Golden black gesso, Liquitex white gesso 
Embellishements: misc. washi tape, Dymo labeler

A few things I did differently is that I did not use Gelatos as suggested. I used some acrylic paint to make circles on my background, and I also used bubble wrap and black gesso to add some black circles. The background journaling card is one of my own that I made. It is a copy of my own art journaling work that I print out onto cardstock and cut down to a 3"x4" card. Click here to see my tutorial on making these cards.

I hope you have enjoyed my little book today. I have already gotten great use out of it this week. Now I am trying to encourage my college girls that they need one for school. LOL! Have a blessed Friday!

1 comment:

Susan M said...

Love the beautiful little bird stamp Patter! Such a lovely book for your lists!

Related Posts with Thumbnails